• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Best Practices / Trader Etiquette

I agree that there should be a guideline to go by, but the issue is that there are SO many different interpretations. So where do we start? I want this to be a welcoming guideline to new members, not bashing them like some have done before.

Agreed, a lot of things such as "I'll take it" have a bunch of different interpretations. But if we could get a sense of what *most* people think it means we could say something like "Most people think 'I'll take it' means free tacos, so if you have a different interpretation you might want to state that in your post to avoid complications"

For example, I typically sell not to the first person who says they'll take it but the first person who can meet with me (with in reason of course). I realize this isn't ordinary so I always state this in my ad.

I'm tired of last minute hagglers, no feedback buyers, and to top of off they want to meet you in the middle pretty much forcing you to make the sale even after they start souring it since you have wasted all that time and gas money meeting them. We need the best practices list because I'm tired enough of it that I wont travel more than 10 miles anymore to sell and I don't really look forward to selling items because of the inevitable hassle caused by people who don't show up with what they are supposed to have or start complainnig about a product you sent them 6+ pictures of. okay rant over but seriously the best practices list would also make it easier to decide on the feedback rating as sometimes it seems gray since a transaction may have been completed but broke alot of cardinal rules such as last minute haggling, not bringing all accesories that were advertised.

A lot about buying/selling/trading is very subjective. People improve with practice like with anything else. Courteous folks generally do better over time than discourteous folks. Distance and convenience can make a difference on which similar offer to accept. How solid does the commitment of the other party seem. Willingness of other party to cooperate, apparent attitude, prompt and courteous communication all make a difference in who I choose to business with. And, of course, there is the feedback from other members they have done business with.

It is more that A trumps B and C trumps both A and B.

I know I'm a new member and maybe this is a little off subject but one thing I'd love to see would be after the sale seller to list what price it actually sold for. Sure would make haggling a lot easier.

I know I'm a new member and maybe this is a little off subject but one thing I'd love to see would be after the sale seller to list what price it actually sold for. Sure would make haggling a lot easier.

Most folks will think that info is private........

Back
Top Bottom