• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Best powder for accuracy. 223. I want something I can find.

I have a 223 bolt action and an AR and want the accuracy mostly for the bolt. The AR has a heavy barrel and is a nice shooter. The problem in using the same load is 22" and 16" barrels.

Have used CFE, 4064, blc2 and benchmark. They all were good out of my 1/7 barrel, with benchmark 4064 and CFE 223 maybe a bit more accurate with the various bullet weights I shoot. I'm not a 12 shots in a ragged hole guy either.
Will use any of these powders, depending on what is available.

Have used CFE, 4064, blc2 and benchmark. They all were good out of my 1/7 barrel, with benchmark 4064 and CFE 223 maybe a bit more accurate with the various bullet weights I shoot. I'm not a 12 shots in a ragged hole guy either.
Will use any of these powders, depending on what is available.

We've switch over to CFE223 after quite a bit of testing. Found it to meter extremely well, and performs as well as my previous favorite (varget)

xterminator.jpgThis is what I have been using I like it

not mentioned at all is one of the most accurate powders I ever used for 223. especially in a bolt action..

IMR 4198 somewhere around 20 gr with a 52-55 gr bullet

I found some IMR 3031 at Franklands in athens last Friday. Picked up two pounds and 2000 primers. Hint they get there USP in on Friday around 11:00

Ordered some LT-32 from Powder Valley (just got notice it shipped yesterday), looks like they still have it in stock. Little pricy and fairly new but the reviews I read say it's the bomb for consistency and accuracy.
Supposedly meters well too.
I can send over the load data I got from Ramshot if you want it.

Back
Top Bottom