• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Best mags for ruger mini 14 and mini 30?

bulletpaluza

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
263   0
Reaction score
Pretty much Promag gets great reviews but that's surprising to me. If they are as good as the internet people who never shoot say I'll order some. But if there is an actual better brand I'd rather not have mag related issues if I can help it.

So Promag good to go? Or what brand should I look for?

First time mini owner and I understand the hype now!

Ruger mags only. Even then it is a crap shoot that the thing will not constantly jam. Get the wood version do at least it will hurt when you end up using it like a club. Great concept gun by Ruger though.

Too bad it wasn't designed with AR mags in mind but I'm sure Ruger has sold a mint worth of mags as a result.

I have the target model but haven't shot it with anything other than OEM mags.

Why not buy a couple of the aftermarkets and test 'em out? And then let us know if they work.

:boink:

I do love the Garand-style action coupled with the 5.56/.223 cartridge...oh, and you can really sweeten the trigger pull by replacing the trigger spring, I think...

20230731_202054.jpg

I will buy and try some metal promag mags for both and report back!
Too bad it wasn't designed with AR mags in mind but I'm sure Ruger has sold a mint worth of mags as a result.

I have the target model but haven't shot it with anything other than OEM mags.

Why not buy a couple of the aftermarkets and test 'em out? And then let us know if they work.

:boink:

I do love the Garand-style action coupled with the 5.56/.223 cartridge...oh, and you can really sweeten the trigger pull by replacing the trigger spring, I think...

Back
Top Bottom