Best crossbow for the $$$

Aint nothing wrong with used ones just check l8mps with a cotton ball. You could get a horton for under 5 easily. Now if you want a recurve, id say excalibur. If you find a used one for sale.... go for it. If you run into a bowtech stryker dont pass that up either lol

for the simplicity of form and function I like the Excalibur...but finding a used one under $500 won't be easy..As ErfurtLuger said he found one..but they are few and far between, and others have stated if a string breaks you can fix it in the field..

I got an Excalibur Phoenix here on the ODT in great shape, string was and still is in good condition, very reliable and accurate. Killed a nice 8pt with it a month ago. Be patient and wait for the right deal!

Ive got a velocity archery lionheart the stock bolts were trash but thats normal. I got different bolts and it shoots great. Got bloodsport bolts off amazon.

Ten points are great but like the other guys mentioned.

Get yourself a used Excalibur.

I've got an older model Exocet which is the most incredibly accurate and consistent crossbow I've shot yet.
It's been discontinued in name but it's virtually identical to whichever model they have in the 330 ft per second range new except for the rubber string silencer thingies which can be added to the older ones.
If you score an older recurve Excalibur make sure you get one with the mag tips at the ends of the limbs as the real old ones had carved T shaped ends instead of the molded, fat looking ends of the mag tips.

To give you an example...my buddy will no longer practice with me shooting at the same target because I kept splitting his bolts or ripping the fletching off of them at 40 yards.

I've killed more animals with mine than I've killed with all the rifles that I own, in fact I love it so much that I only went out twice for rifle this year and had a very loooong archery season.

Be patient and you will find one at or under $500 here or craigslist or trade off a gun plus cash....can't hurt.

Back
Top Bottom