• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Best chainsaw brand

I had an old Poulan from the 80's that was a tank but was all steel and heavy. Old Homelite was the same. Older ones built to last but you may have to source parts on E bay and wish

Gas station right down the road from me sells ethanol free gas. That's the ticket to keeping all your small engines running year round. Don't need any gimmicky stabilizers.
I had to change saw shops because old one went out of business.

Took it to new factory Stihl dealer, told me I needed a new carb, "because that ethanol eats the carburetors all up".

Told them that was interesting, because I was there when the former dealer mounted the bar on it, and it had never had a drop of ethanol in it - so what was their next line of BS?

I had an old Poulan from the 80's that was a tank but was all steel and heavy. Old Homelite was the same. Older ones built to last but you may have to source parts on E bay and wish

My favorite all time saw was an old old Poulan bow saw. So heavy that I just put it on top of a log, pointed down, and it would cut straight down on its own. As heavy as it was, I could work it all day without strain because it and gravity did all the work. It was a beast.

31b26d2fbb1b6068df10daa60fe3a577.jpg

547b2245cd080812585e629a1f3fbbc5.jpg

a4bd74e05974c7580bc055a98451bbb5.jpg

74b8167bf1a0cfb5b15ffd3bc2cc439e.jpg

Echo makes good saws too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I've had two Husqvarna saws that I bought at Lowe's, both great. The first started acting up after a lot of use. I bought a carburetor for about $15 on Amazon, it was an easy fix, and ran like new again. Before I bought the carb, I bought a new Husqvarna 455 Rancher (20") so I could finish a job, then sold the old one. They start easily, not too heavy, and have some shock-absorbing features to relieve the strain.

BTW, 63 years old.

Attachments

• IMG_7542.jpeg
    IMG_7542.jpeg
    521.4 KB · Views: 9
Stihl...... Bought a new one 028AV woodboss in 1976.........It still cranks on the second pull and will sit and idle until it runs out of fuel. Best saw I ever owned. I was gifted another Stihl three years ago and it works good too but my old 1976 cuts and runs just as good although the muffler rusted off it and I can't find another one for it. It's loud as hell and eats wood up! The new one is easy to flood. If it pops or kick back on the start rope, take it off choke and it will crank. One more pull with it choked and it's flooded for hours.

My favorite all time saw was an old old Poulan bow saw. So heavy that I just put it on top of a log, pointed down, and it would cut straight down on its own. As heavy as it was, I could work it all day without strain because it and gravity did all the work. It was a beast.
Bow is what was on it. Can't recall what model. It came with it.

Back
Top Bottom