• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Best Bourbon that doesn't break the bank?

Am I alone in cringing whenever someone responds with Jack Daniel's when you ask about bourbon. I have snapped at a couple of bartenders over the years when I ask what bourbon they have and they mention Jack.

Jack ain't Bourbon. Ya mix that swill with Coke.

Am I alone in cringing whenever someone responds with Jack Daniel's when you ask about bourbon. I have snapped at a couple of bartenders over the years when I ask what bourbon they have and they mention Jack. It ain't bourbon!!!

You really should try the Jack Daniels Heritage 2018 or 2019 bottle if you ever get a chance!

I understand it’s not bourbon but it’s absolutely fantastic and highly sought after!

It’s like a person who drank skim milk their whole life (JD) and then tried Whole Milk (Heritage) for the first time.... two completely different pours!

I smile when I read about Jack and how people feel about it. Seems as though people either love it or hate it with very few folks in the middle. Jack, Wild Turkey, Beam and others, evoke the same feelings from folks. I must admit, I don't care for regular Jack, but I really like Gentleman Jack. I don't care for Wild Turkey 101, but I do like Longbranch. I don't particularly care for regular Beam, but the single barrel Beam is not bad, but I like other brands better.

Taste is an individual thing. What I like may be the worst swill in the world to you.lol On a good note, I had some Old Bardstown last night, and it was very good. Enjoy your bourbon/whiskey/whisky, and have one for me.

Just a warning to you low-carb folks out there.

Found a bottle of this at my local Costco - had never heard of it but thought I'd try something new.

It's called Skrewball and it is peanut butter infused whiskey.

12291752132638.png

And you're probably thinking "Ewww!" and that's ok. Sometimes weird flavors go well together.

Since I'm low carbing my taste is very sensitive to anything sweet. I made my first pour of this and sipped. Wow, to me it was almost like syrup. But boy did it taste good! I went online and looked around and sure enough it has 8 or 10 grams of carbs per serving. Oh well. Save it for a rainy day.

Just a warning to you low-carb folks out there.

Found a bottle of this at my local Costco - had never heard of it but thought I'd try something new.

It's called Skrewball and it is peanut butter infused whiskey.

12291752132638.png

And you're probably thinking "Ewww!" and that's ok. Sometimes weird flavors go well together.

Since I'm low carbing my taste is very sensitive to anything sweet. I made my first pour of this and sipped. Wow, to me it was almost like syrup. But boy did it taste good! I went online and looked around and sure enough it has 8 or 10 grams of carbs per serving. Oh well. Save it for a rainy day.
you can pour it on a sammich if ya run outta pb.

OK, got a little time this morning, so I thought I would mention the "infinity bottle". Have you ever poured a drink and noticed that there was a little left in the bottle. Too much to add to your drink, but not enough to make another drink? Well, don't dump the bottle in the sink! Pour what's left in an empty bottle, an "infinity bottle". Then as you drink down other bourbons to that same level, pour it in the "infinity bottle". Continue to do that and you will be making your very own blended bourbon. I read about the "infinity bottle" about 6 months ago and have begun the process. I have probably 3 or 4 different bourbons in the bottle now, but the bottle is less than a quarter filled. I am going to add to it as the year progresses and once it is nearly full, heck, I am going to try it. Who knows how it will taste, but I do like the bourbons I drink, so maybe it will be good.....probably not, but I am sure it would work as a mixer if not a sipper. Just thought I would mention this to the bourbon drinkers on the site.

OK, got a little time this morning, so I thought I would mention the "infinity bottle". Have you ever poured a drink and noticed that there was a little left in the bottle. Too much to add to your drink, but not enough to make another drink? Well, don't dump the bottle in the sink! Pour what's left in an empty bottle, an "infinity bottle". Then as you drink down other bourbons to that same level, pour it in the "infinity bottle". Continue to do that and you will be making your very own blended bourbon. I read about the "infinity bottle" about 6 months ago and have begun the process. I have probably 3 or 4 different bourbons in the bottle now, but the bottle is less than a quarter filled. I am going to add to it as the year progresses and once it is nearly full, heck, I am going to try it. Who knows how it will taste, but I do like the bourbons I drink, so maybe it will be good.....probably not, but I am sure it would work as a mixer if not a sipper. Just thought I would mention this to the bourbon drinkers on the site.
I'd definitely try it but I never have any smidges left over.

Back
Top Bottom