• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Best Bourbon that doesn't break the bank?

And for the record... Blanton’s is trash!

Don’t get fooled into thinking it’s anything special too...

81CB64FE-423A-42E5-A945-B52747989095.jpeg

Man I need to catch up.

I have been to Nashville and visited the Greenbriar Distillery where Belle Meade is distilled. I have several bottle of Belle Meade and enjoy them. Good call,

I hate to admit this, but I have not tried Old Forester Single Barrel. Nor have I had the Evan William Master blend or the 12yr. I need to remedy that fact.

Now, I have wanted to try Stagg, but neither of the three likka stores near me have it, or it is sold out before I get there. Heck man, post a review of Stagg, or tell me where your honey hole is so I can taste it!lol

There are just so many bourbons, and so little time to try them. Oh well, kind of like trying to find that elusive Smith revolver, the chase is almost as much fun as the tasting.....I said ALMOST!

Anyone on tried Barrel Bourbon or E H Taylor? I was told that I would like them, but I am a bit hesitant after reading a few reviews.
They are all fantastic bourbons but ya'd be hard pressed to find em around here, I just happened to pick up a few bottles of each when I was up Louisville way for a concert awhile back. A buddy of mine said he was able to find (recently)the Old Forester here town I'll have to ask him where he found it.

Reactions: JWC
And for the record... Blanton’s is trash!

Don’t get fooled into thinking it’s anything special too...

View attachment 2552513
Yeah, I've never been much of a Blantons guy, I mean I won't turn down a glass if your pouring lol. Here's one I been holding out on, bought 2 bottles of this back in 2016 when I was up that way, needless to say 1 empty bottle is laying in a landfill somewhere lol.
14.jpg

Oh nice, that Stagg right there pretty darn good too, I'm currently working on the Old Forester single, just killed a bottle of EW master blend (goes down like water....well it all goes down like water but this is like fancy water) and holding out on this 12 cause it's super delicious and the last bottle I got, haven't seen it around here. View attachment 2552200 View attachment 2552194 View attachment 2552196

I drink a lot of EW across the line, and don't know that I've ever seen the red label.

Will definitely look for it, thanks.

I drink a lot of EW across the line, and don't know that I've ever seen the red label.

Will definitely look for it, thanks.
If you can find it let me know cause last I knew when I did get 'em I was up in Louisville. The way I understood that the red label was exported to Japan and just recently started selling here stateside (at their distillery).

OK, since there isn't much going on, I decided to try a bourbon that I had not had in a while. Why? Heck, it was behind a couple of bottles and I missed it.

Anyway, the bourbon is Old Bardstown Estate, Straight Bourbon. At 101 proof, one would expect a bite in the beginning, but not so much. I like the taste and the finish. For $24.99, it is a really good value. It is not a top shelf bourbon, doesn't pretend to be, but it is a very good mid-shelf bourbon that will not disappoint. Did I mention it was $24.99? Drink it neat, put a bit of ice on it, or mix it. I do not believe you will be disappointed. But, you have to remember, what do I know?

Back
Top Bottom