• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Best 7.62/308

Best High Tier AR10 for the Money

• FN Scar 17s

Votes: 8 19.5%
  • B&T APC308 DPM

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • KAC SR 25 APC

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • KAC SR 25ACC

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • LWRC R.E.P.R MKII

Votes: 3 7.3%
  • Other

Votes: 26 63.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
As a convert to bullpuppery my vote goes to a Desert Tech MDR. Simple barrel swap and it's a 6.5 creedmoor or .243 win. Barrel and bolt swap its a 223. And girlfriend is oh so short.

The Ruger SR762 is a great 308 if you could find a clean pre-owned one. They are pretty highly sought after. Snag one if you ever get the chance. Sig Sauer makes a pretty good one a Sig716 but I don't know if they still do. The only problem with the Sig is 95 percent of the guns parts are proprietary so you can't change anything but the grip, stock and sights ( sights not to sure about but I am pretty sure they can be ) I believe. Just be weary of the weight of some of those guns. Some of them tip the scales at 12 lbs.. Sig made two models, the 16 inch barrel and DMR with a 18 inch barrel. I have owned a couple of them and they are respectable rifles. Not to heavy, well built and pretty accurate. I build my own now so I am afraid that's all I can add.

I would absolutely take an M1a over an AR10 in battle any day. The only advantage an AR10 has is that a mag change is a little easer than an M1a. As for durability and reliability the M1a has it all over the AR10. Accuracy is similar and depends on the individual weapon.
The only problem is, you have to be man sized to carry and use an M1A. Thus the trolling.

I'm glad you guys like the M1A/M14 so much and wish more people did. It would definitely make it easier for me to find an MWS or SR25 for sale.

Back
Top Bottom