• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Best .22 suppressor for 22/45 and 16" .22 rifle usage

h34choctaw

Default rank <1500 posts
ODT Junkie!
118   0
Reaction score
I am tired of trying to make .22 CB shorts work in my small 25-yard range behind my house and decided to pursue a .22 suppressor. While I am putting together my trust paper work I am trying to settle on one .22 supressor for screwing onto a 22/45 Lite and also to use on various bolt-actions and maybe a GSG-5. I have access to a ultra-sonic cleaning tank so I think something NOT painted would work. Should I look at aluminum and/or stainless? If so can someone give me a make and model. I am trying to keep everything including stamp under $500 just to muddy the waters further.

Thanks

anything you can take apart to clean 22s are very dirty

I have a Sparrow and it is great but just above your 500 total there are others that are cleanable for less. Sparrow is very quite when I run it on the 22/45 Lite but us still need to run standard velocity or lower so you don't get the supersonic crack

SpectreII excells on pistols, but does just fine on rifles
Sparrow excells on rifles, but does just fine on pistols

For ultrasonic you will not be able to use aluminum.

HunterTownArms have a SS Guardian that has dippable/ultrasonicable baffles.

The Isis22 is insanely quiet, but its Al so no go in ultrasonic. In your price range, the HA guardian 22 SS is awesome. $229 plus tax and stamp stays under $500 and is safe to ultrasonic. I have some in stock ;) I use one as a demo can and love it.

On the note of not using aluminum, I know that we use it to clean aircraft fuel control parts which are aluminum. I was curious about your statement Laxguy about not being able to. Did you have a bad experience using an ultrasonic tank? It's quite possible different alloys have problems in the solution and the type of solution as well.

I believe the issue is with the anodizing. All the aluminum parts are anodized.

I could be wrong, I've never ultrasonic'ed anything, but I've heard it is not good to.

tough to beat the element/element 2 on pistol hosts. decide where you want better suppression as a monocore does better on rifles but dedicated step/cone/k baffles do better on pistols.

On the note of not using aluminum, I know that we use it to clean aircraft fuel control parts which are aluminum. I was curious about your statement Laxguy about not being able to. Did you have a bad experience using an ultrasonic tank? It's quite possible different alloys have problems in the solution and the type of solution as well.

Because aluminum is such a soft metal, it is susceptible to the cavitation implosions that ultrasound cleaning produces. The cavitation bubbles can actually scar and slightly etch away the top surface, leaving what looks like star bursts.

- - - Updated - - -

tough to beat the element/element 2 on pistol hosts. decide where you want better suppression as a monocore does better on rifles but dedicated step/cone/k baffles do better on pistols.

Ive always heard and seen the results of that, but do you know why it is true?

Back
Top Bottom