• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Bear Creek Arsenal - Just Say No!

Dude I just last night watched a video about BCA uppers in x39 with the enhanced features. Yeah it was Reno May now that I think about it. Anyway he ordered two of the same pistol uppers in x39 with the extractor and firing pin upgrades. Needless to say lots of light primer strikes and even more double feeds. It was a **** show.
All that being said I just pinned a 10.5" side charging 5.56 on an Anderson lower. I will admit BVA has had more than their share of issues. I had a side charger I had to send back three times. But from what little I know lots of companies have issues with x39 uppers and BCGs . Short version is I see BCA for what it is; my cheap upper go to company. In all fairness I ain't had any issues with their other uppers.
Yep, I posted that video above. Oddly enough, I know Reno. I told him before he made the video that he was going to regret spending even a single red cent on that garbage. Gave him the ol’ told ya so. But it’s content and he’ll have easily made his money back many times over with the sponsors and clicks.

I think they make it clear that their stuff is cheap and the even tell you WHY its cheap. I would avoid their internals.

Im curious about their barrels, I may want a 6.5 Grendel upper for deer

I think they make it clear that their stuff is cheap and the even tell you WHY its cheap. I would avoid their internals.

Ask Fatal_Bert Fatal_Bert about their pot metal. I’m sure that’s the same for their barrels

If the rest of the their stuff is crap I wouldn't even consider a barrel from them. I know that bargain upper is attractive but have restraint and save a few more pay periods and go to something else. A upper is cake to assemble and can be done for just a smidge over their prices. It would be safe in saying that their barrels are in line with their other parts. Barrels are a vital piece of the heart of the gun. Why go with something sketchy to begin with .

Im sure ill catch some hate for this, but if you want a cheap AR go with PSA.
I was bound and determined to never buy PSA products again. Then I saw a AR-10 ( they call it a PA-10 ) on sale. If I bought the complete upper and complete lower separately it cost 565.00 plus ship for a 308. I could not resist that. The gun was hunting accurate enough and would make a good one. I swapped out the barrel for a Ballistic Advantage 18 inch med. profile one, put a 5.7 oz. buffer in, and a Superlative Arms adj bleed off block and a muzzle brake. It shoots .688 with the white box Federal 147 gr. FMJ rounds. A dollar a round ammo and under 3/4 MOA. I was surprised at the accuracy the way it came but now it's a excellent shooting gun. Now for reliability I can't say for sure but it sure would make a great hunting and range toy the way it set up now. One thing is for sure I would buy PSA over BCA any day. Knowing my diataste for PSA as a whole says a lot. Aero Precision barrels go on sale and would be light years better than Bear Creek Arsenal in every way possible.

Back
Top Bottom