Be with them till the end

For all the years of love, devotion, forgiveness and tail wagging we get it's the least we can do. Putting a loved pet to sleep when his or her quality of life has deteriorated to the point of being painful and unmanageable is the kindest, most caring course of action. Your pet can sense your pain and wants to comfort you, let that happen, and be there to share the moment.

I knew mine’s last request recently. Some leftover fillet and to be with me. She never knew what happened, wasn’t nervous from being around a bunch of folks she didn’t know, and give me one more of those looks of love. I miss her every day.
Same here. Annie, Harley, Dalphnee, Pookie and Fat Cat. All buried on my property. All Four dogs and cat lived to be 15 to 18 years old. When each one passed just myself with them. Braveheart and Gypsey with me now along with three demon cats. Based on my age these will be the last ones I have in this existence

February of last year we found out our big ol baby Finlay was eat up with cancer. We got his vet to come to our house because we wanted the last thing he saw & felt was me and my wife holding onto him. I cried like a baby. I’m so sorry for the loss of your fur missiles, I hope you’ll be okay enough soon to adopt another....

1D6DD195-6609-469D-B5DB-D620E5BF25AE.jpeg

Oh man. Figured what this post was about when I saw the title.

It's ****ing hard no doubt, but you end up being a demigod to your pet.

Besides when I was 10 and chose not to be there for my dog (which I still feel terrible about); I'm always there when they die, /(usually) when they get euthanized.

I've lost a lot of people I care about and I have a hard time showing emotion or grief at all but I certainly experience it. But man if I don't have to wear sunglasses and wipe my face putting down my dogs Lol, trying to fight back a tear right now.

Back
Top Bottom