Bahamas - People are shooting each other for food and water.

Look, it's not in any countries job description to bail another country out, a government's ONLY job is to protect it citizens. If the citizens of a country want to volunteer their resources then thats fine, but it is not within the governments jurisdiction to spend citizen tax dollars on someone else.
This is incorrect. It falls well within our government's jurisdiction to fund organizations or provide aid to other countries that will in turn protect our interests at home and abroad.
I absolutely agree!! all I'm saying it's not the governments responsibility.
This is incorrect, too. Again, the US has interests at home and abroad. The US has economic interests vested in the Bahamas, not to mention diplomatic, and possibly even strategic. It is the government's responsibility to protect them.

Who are you going to send? Ten guys from 1st Baptist wearing "Real Men Love Jesus" hats? Are they going to be responsible for making sure American products continue to be sold there? They going to ensure our cruise lines can maintain access to ports? Keep some clandestine USAF radar installation open?

This is incorrect. It falls well within our government's jurisdiction to fund organizations or provide aid to other countries that will in turn protect our interests at home and abroad.
Is it really though? I seem to remember the reason we were in Korea and Vietnam was to protect our "interest", that worked out really well for us lol. The real problem people have, is that they are looking to the government to protect their economics (
making sure American products continue to be sold there?
), instead of protecting our freedom and safety which is what it was designed to do.

Why does helping people that are trying to live through the devastation like that pictured below become political?

I donated to relief efforts this morning and will be again...

bah-jpg.2270228

Back
Top Bottom