Bahamas - People are shooting each other for food and water.

It doesn’t mean we can’t help them with food, clean drinking water and clothes. Shelters for them to come in out of the cold.

Wrong. I'll give a "hand up" but not a "hand out".

Being an enabler to make ones self feel better doesn't help.

I had a Cruise planned in April for the Bahamas with the wife she has been asking me for 30yrs to take her on a cruise, I finally said yes and the Hurricane destroyed those plans, so we are going to DC, to see the Grand-Kids and all the Monuments!

Go to St. Thomas and St. John in the USVI instead... they are both a lot safer than DC (or other USVI like St. Croix) and desperately need tourists back after their hurricane drubbing two years ago.

I was in St. Johns for a week last December and they were just getting back on their feet. We had the place to ourselves and it was fantastic. Not a real 'cruise ship' experience though, except they do stop at St. Thomas. Better to go to a resort there, or rent a house (St. Johns especially).

Most homeless people in America, are homeless because they choose to be homeless.

I used to feel the same way until I started doing homeless work in the community. I say this to people who have the same mentality you do often. If someone finds themselves out on the street with no address to put on a job application do you think they’ll find a job? Sure someone may hire them for day labor but most of that is construction which means long sweaty days. If someone is homeless and has no place to shower do you think they’ll get a second day on the job smelling like 3 day old dog turds? Probably not. It’s a vicious cycle man. I’m not saying your point isn’t merited but think a little deeper and long sighted and you’ll hopefully understand where I’m coming from. A lot of people homeless want work but they can’t find it. Some don’t want to work and learn to play the system to survive. However some just can’t get back on their feet fast enough.

Bahamians crying for the government to help them. There is no government left. They should get help from the UK as they were loyalists. It was a beautiful and idyllic place back in the day. Life lies in a delicate balance. God speed Bahamas.

I grew up in the Bahamas (13 years).... Back in 1968 when they got their independence from UK, one of the first things they did was cancel all US Work Permits... That is when we left.

Really is a beautiful place.... And yes, there is some corruption..... But now there are a lot of people in desperate need of help....

Back
Top Bottom