• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Bad Wilson mags?

Captain543

Default rank <400 posts
Survivalist
3   0
Reaction score
Guys I have a RIA 10MM 1911 4.25". I have had one mag for it that feeds good, I ordered 2 Wilson standard mags for it and they don't seem to work right. The top round will nose dive into the feed ramp when the mag is full . Feeds fine when not loaded to full capacity. I mean these rounds hit hard, so hard they seat the bullet deeper into the case ideas?

Guys I have a RIA 10MM 1911 4.25". I have had one mag for it that feeds good, I ordered 2 Wilson standard mags for it and they don't seem to work right. The top round will nose dive into the feed ramp when the mag is full . Feeds fine when not loaded to full capacity. I mean these rounds hit hard, so hard they seat the bullet deeper into the case ideas?
Do you have another 1911 you could try out those mags in (guessing not since it's 10mm)? Or maybe rent a 1911 at a local range to use with your Wilson mags? That might help you determine whether it's your gun, or the mags themselves. I've never heard anything but good reports about Wilsons. I use Ed Brown mags myself though.

Back
Top Bottom