• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Bad news for Trusts

I live with the hassle of the trust and NFA approval process because it's worth it to me to own NFA items.

But if 41p goes through, and holds up to court challenges, I'm done buying NFA items. I will not be treated like a criminal and get fingerprinted and beg for approval from some jackass CLEO every time I want to exercise my Constitutional Right.

I honestly never thought 41p would go through, and technically it should never stand up to a court challenge, but I'm not so sure anymore. This Obama admin is desperate to get anything anti-gun in place, and we all no they have 0 regard for the law. I've seen several industry professionals say it's not going through, but I've also see others, including some NFA lawyers say it is, so who knows at this point.

And for the record the Congressional republicans had language in a bill to stop 41p and then stripped it out and once again sold out their constituency.

At the moment you may not be fingerprinted and treated like a criminal every time you exercise your Constitutional rights, but you have been treated like a criminal exercising them, and so have I. NFA items are cool but not worth the hassle for me. I think the laws are ridiculous, but I suppose I'm preaching to the choir on that subject.

Of course the republicrats sold us out. It has become their trademark.

At the moment you may not be fingerprinted and treated like a criminal every time you exercise your Constitutional rights, but you have been treated like a criminal exercising them, and so have I. NFA items are cool but not worth the hassle for me. I think the laws are ridiculous, but I suppose I'm preaching to the choir on that subject.

Of course the republicrats sold us out. It has become their trademark.

No I understand and agree, but it's a question of where a person draws the line. Even a 4473 is Unconstitutional, but the majority of gunowners deal with it. The current NFA process, with a Trust, is a hassle but not overly obtrusive to me personally. But I will draw the line at 41p and having to submit to fingerprints, photos, and begging the permission of some jackass. I can tolerate some of the hassle involved with NFA, but I will not tolerate the added obtrusiveness of 41p.

I am from NJ, and believe Georgia is a little slice of Heaven with our gun laws. HeavyD wrote my trust and Dobbs is my NFA source. Even in the unlikely event 41p passes it's still a cake walk to buy NFA items relative to where I grew up.

Keep fighting for our rights, we don't want to give an inch, but it's pretty darn good in this Red State either way.

If this does go through, we'll need a 'must sign' law here ASAP. We should probably already have one, since there are counties that have bass-ackward CLEOs that won't approve a non-trust form.

I am from NJ, and believe Georgia is a little slice of Heaven with our gun laws. HeavyD wrote my trust and Dobbs is my NFA source. Even in the unlikely event 41p passes it's still a cake walk to buy NFA items relative to where I grew up.

Keep fighting for our rights, we don't want to give an inch, but it's pretty darn good in this Red State either way.

Not without a MUST sign law. There are a lot of different job titles on the CLEO list, but in some counties, there are many that refuse to sign and/or are difficult to track down. I had no choice but to go with a trust when I did it because I couldn't track anyone down to sign at the time.

But for me personally, I don't even care if GA gets a must sign law. I still am not going to subject my family and myself to prints, photos, and having someone sign off on it. If 41p goes through, I'm done with NFA.

Back
Top Bottom