• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Bad news for Trusts

https://www.whitehouse.gov/the-pres...tive-actions-reduce-gun-violence-and-make-our

Notice this paragraph under item 1

ATF is finalizing a rule to require background checks for people trying to buy some of the most dangerous weapons and other items through a trust, corporation, or other legal entity.

Require background checks for people trying to buy some of the most dangerous weapons and other items through a trust or corporation. The National Firearms Act imposes restrictions on sales of some of the most dangerous weapons, such as machine guns and sawed-off shotguns. But because of outdated regulations, individuals have been able to avoid the background check requirement by applying to acquire these firearms and other items through trusts, corporations, and other legal entities. In fact, the number of these applications has increased significantly over the years—from fewer than 900 applications in the year 2000 to more than 90,000 applications in 2014. ATF is finalizing a rule that makes clear that people will no longer be able to avoid background checks by buying NFA guns and other items through a trust or corporation.

So they shouldn't have run a background check on me when I received my suppressors as the executor of a trust?

LOL

I love how they call these 'some of the most dangerous weapons', when in reality they are some of the least. In fact I would love to see them cite a single case of a stand-alone suppressor doing anything more than giving someone a 2nd-degree burn.

Back
Top Bottom