• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Bad grouping

When I worked at the pawnshop for a while we sold a lot of it and people would regularly come back and complain. Can't think of any other ammo that got complaints. But we still sold the **** out of it because Hornady has pretty boxes and fancy marketing.
I'm not a Hornady fan. There I said it.....Not bullets or ammo. Even though I have used it because of price point and availability

I've had mixed results with other hornady. I changed out another scope on my shotgun because their sst sabot slugs were dancing. Different lot number it was dialed in quick.

I've had several dead primers from there critical duty pistol rounds in 9mm, and multiple customers who had squib rounds in 38spl.
Hornady is the only ammo manufacturer I hold a personal grudge against. My brother actually just called me a few weeks ago telling me he was shooting his 38spl he bought from me and had gotten a bullet stuck in the barrel. Right off the bat I asked him if it was Hornady critical/duty or defense. He was like how did you know!

I'm sure they make some good products, but the leverlution and critical duty/defense stuff is sketchy as hell.

Years back I purchased a brand new colt sporter AR-15 Heavy barrel, out a 3x9x40 Leupold scope on it - new scope, new rings that mounted to the carry handle. Spent several days trying to get it sighted in, couldn't put 5 consecutive shots on a paper plate at 50 yards, exchanged the scope, tried different mounting adapter, multiple ammunition manufacturers...no joy. Took it to a gunsmith that advised me to send it back to COLT, it was replaced as a manufacturers defect - no explanation as to what the issue was. I'm just saying, that sometimes the weapon is the issue, not likely (without obvious damage) but possible.

I hope that ain't it but if it is I'll get it figured out.

I've had several dead primers from there critical duty pistol rounds in 9mm, and multiple customers who had squib rounds in 38spl.
Hornady is the only ammo manufacturer I hold a personal grudge against. My brother actually just called me a few weeks ago telling me he was shooting his 38spl he bought from me and had gotten a bullet stuck in the barrel. Right off the bat I asked him if it was Hornady critical/duty or defense. He was like how did you know!

I'm sure they make some good products, but the leverlution and critical duty/defense stuff is sketchy as hell.

I have almost 400 bucks worth of this stuff. I can put it in my shtf stash I guess. I'll try some federal and see what happens.

Hornady leverevolution 325.
Yea, get you some Winchester. I love their products. I shoot well with them. Another try would be Remington. I once had a Marlin in 35. It shot best with the 200gr Remington. Took a deer with a 225yd shot, one shot. Hold over was 10". 4'' high at 100yds was Zero. 100yd group was 3/4" as I recall. That was the most accurate lever I ever had

Yea, get you some Winchester. I love their products. I shoot well with them. Another try would be Remington. I once had a Marlin in 35. It shot best with the 200gr Remington. Took a deer with a 225yd shot, one shot. Hold over was 10". 4'' high at 100yds was Zero. 100yd group was 3/4" as I recall. That was the most accurate lever I ever had

Is Remington still making ammo? I can find the Winchester and federal. Can find buffalo bore too but I'm too poor for that.

Back
Top Bottom