• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Autrey's Armory

AK74U

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
89   1
Reaction score
Went to stop at Autrey's yesterday, because I haven't been there yet this year. Looked in the cases and had a convo with one of the good employees. Then the employee broke the terrible news to me that Ben had sold the store. I've bought many guns from Ben since 2010 and seen him grow the store from the single suite to a double. Very nice guy, who treated his customers right and never gouged even during the pandemic. I've heard the new owner plans to upgrade the range. As for the Class 3, new owner doesn't plan to get/renew the stores SOT. I will keep y'all posted on new details.

I feel the need to add that although they weren't experts on firearms, they were always very friendly. The range is fairly well kept, but the roof leaks. Sometimes the target returns get shot out and not repaired right away but overall its not a bad place at all. The accessory and parts selection is meh unless you only build ARs. There are occasionally decent deals on the consignment rack and there was a pile of discounted shotgun parts near the front door for a long time.

6/10

I don't blame him for selling it tbh. Our new safe store is near there, and it seemed like a nice little shop when I popped in. Getting knowledgeable staff can be difficult so as long as the staff is nice and willing to be honest when they don't know something I would still buy from them. If I am ever down there when their USPSA matches are going on I plan to shoot one for sure.

Back
Top Bottom