• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Palmetto State Armory STG-44

I talked to the original guys that were trying to build that before PSA joined in, Hill and Mac gun works, they were in Atlanta at the time. The shop I worked for at the time was the shop that rented most of the guns to the Walking Dead show. I told them build me 2 blank out guns in 223 but they never could get the specs right. I would still like to have one in 8mm Kurtz since I know where a bunch ammo is. The price back then was around $1500, I'll be interested to see what they sell for when they do finally make it to market. The cool thing is the gun is set up to change calibers or at least that was the intention.

I do remember PSA talking about coming out with a hk mp5 clone for two years, last I heard the chief engineer on the project went to another company and the project was scraped. But they did come out with one slightly similar but it is simple blowback.
PSA said they scrapped the idea cause they couldn’t make it cheaper than what was being offered on the market guess they knew about mke bringing in the HK licensed builds we now get through century

I‘m glad they are remaking classics like the STG-44 available so the average person can afford one. I don’t care for the silver receiver and would prefer it to be all black but that’s just me. It wouldn’t be my go to gun so the weight is not a deal breaker.

Now if PSA would only build a MG-42 in .308 with a binary trigger.…😍😍
I build MG-42's, 53's, 42/59's, and MG-3's. I doubt PSA will ever get into that market. Its a $8K and up price range.

PSA does make some cool stuff, like the JAKL. But this one I don't really understand. It would be a fun range toy for someone that already has a bunch of serious rifles maybe. But for all that expense in tooling and R&D.. and for historical significance-wouldn't it make more sense to build something like a $750 FAL?

Back
Top Bottom