• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Atlanta Buckarama this Weekend!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll be in and out at the one in Perry the weekend of the 15th. Can't work it like I normally do as the higher ups are already crying at my comp time being where it is.

Nick T

It was many moons ago but I went to the Buckarama at the Old Southeastern Fairgrounds, and daddy took my brother and me to the dirt races, and mom and dad took us to the fair every year. Before moving to Forest Park, the family lived across the street from the Ga. State Patrol office and National Guard Armory, we were at the corner of Aloway Pl. and Confederate Ave. Back in the day, Mama would let us check out of school early just to go to the fair. Ray

This will be the 30th year for the Atlanta Buckarama.First one was at Lakewood Fairgrounds,Bet some of ya'll never heard of Lakewood,never went to the southeastern fair,saw the dirt track races at Lakewood Speedway.Never been without a cell phone

That's where they had that roller coaster you used to ride wasn't it? Until Buford T Justice knocked it down!

I grew up on a dirt road just about a mile from the old fairgrounds.

I wouldn't go into that neighborhood today in a Bradley Armored Troop Carrier!

That old wooden roller coaster was a real thrill! I remember standing close to it on night and nearly getting clobbered by a timber that shook lose from about 30 feet overheard.

We went lots of races at the old dirt track and use to sneak in on weekend mornings and fish in the infield lake.

We DO NOT, go the Atlanta Show, too much junk jewelry, to much like a junk/flea market. Besides there is no one in the parking area patrolling it. Friend drove down, we were welcomed back to his truck to the windows being knocked out and the interior torned up probably because there was nothing inside the truck.

Go to PERRY, GA, now that's a show, yes it is a ride however it is worth it, ATLANTA?? Don't think so.

Also get bothered by the hoods, and homeless.....

We DO NOT, go the Atlanta Show, too much junk jewelry, to much like a junk/flea market. Besides there is no one in the parking area patrolling it. Friend drove down, we were welcomed back to his truck to the windows being knocked out and the interior torned up probably because there was nothing inside the truck.

Go to PERRY, GA, now that's a show, yes it is a ride however it is worth it, ATLANTA?? Don't think so.

Also get bothered by the hoods, and homeless.....

I'd love to go to the Perry show...it's just down in the cut from my treehouse...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom