• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

ATF new “rule” for no firearm Transaction without background check

Has anyone seen this new rule they are implementing. All transactions of firearms without a 4473 are unlawful and can be a felony charge. What is going to happen to the trader? We know there are fed boys on here
Judges doing the right thing - laughable
Minnesota says inside of your car is not private
Guy facing 5 years for having a bb pistol under his seat

Judges doing the right thing - laughable
Minnesota says inside of your car is not private
Guy facing 5 years for having a bb pistol under his seat
Cars have always been iffy... Technically you are out in public, unless you are on your own property.

Is the 'inside' of your car truly like your home if you drive a convertible, or a Jeep with all the doors off? Even a regular car is way more exposed to public view than your home.

Not saying I agree, but a car is not your house (legally) and you shouldn't always expect the two to be the same.

Cars have always been iffy... Technically you are out in public, unless you are on your own property.

Is the 'inside' of your car truly like your home if you drive a convertible, or a Jeep with all the doors off? Even a regular car is way more exposed to public view than your home.

Not saying I agree, but a car is not your house (legally) and you shouldn't always expect the two to be the same.
Car is an “extension” of your home only for the purpose of reasonable suspicion or probable cause that needs to be established for a search or seizure.
It is a word that is bandied about, but not actually used in Georgia law.

Like I said.. neither fish nor fowl. Kind of an in-between place when it comes to the law.

How did we get here from the new ATF rule???

We can do w/e we want, there will just be consequences.

Also, some 30 day rule and ODT show is closer then 30 days.
Commenting on the reply that judges will do the right thing (overturning stupid atf rules part). And your car has always been an extension of your home.
The country is gone.

Attachments

• IMG_2904.png
    IMG_2904.png
    394.7 KB · Views: 6
One problem in my opinion is, youtube talking heads want to keep their channels monetized. They do so by firing up their watchers with no regard for whether or not what they are saying is true or just speculation. I have noticed this for several years now. There are very few that I will even watch any more because most of them are full of chit.
Add to that the left wing media making up headlines about shutting down "Gun Show Loopholes" and other idiocy that is never mentioned in 400+ pages of the rule. The media is not our friends, left or right.

I'd like to bump these comments especially the highlighted portion and suggest considering a wider net. Of course media channels and socials online, broadcast, cable etc. need our attention for monetization and it seems like a great way to have a loyal, engaged and fired up audience is to gin them up and play to the worst in all of us. Scaring people and making them mad keeps them in line IMHO.

Politicians have to do the same thing because they are farming our votes on behalf of the folks that are funding them and their campaigns. A scared and mad voter base turns out never mind that in the process we're getting turned against each other. Keeping us divided may help a politician's campaign and some lobbyist's agendas, but it sure doesn't seem like it benefits us.

For my part just about anytime I see or hear media personalities or politicians start vilifying people just trying to live their lives and using terms like those people, that side, they, them, left, right .. those others, I take a hard step back and keep my skeptical hat cocked. I don't believe folks that make a living keeping people mad and at odds with each other are working in our best interests and I hope we can start thinking about that a lot more as a people.

Sorry for the diatribe, but your comment really hit the mark as I've also been thinking about the same thing for quite come time.

Back
Top Bottom