• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Asked to return pistol purchase

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chit, you don't even have to name them..... just point us to the closet walmart and home depot... should pinpoint it good enough without naming names...

Let us play a little Barnaby Jones...

If someone could PM me with the name I'd apreciate it, I live up close to the area & would rather not take my hard earned money there for something like this to happen.

Karma is a "witch" !!!! They are experiencing that first hand. You are in the good graces of ediquate and protocol. $1000.00 isn't to much to ask if it will keep the ATF gods off his neck.
And he lying anyway, 25 year LEO in Atlanta. I can smell "BULL****" in the middle of a goat pasture from
the Airport...............

Keep on keepin' on Brother.

I think you did the right thing. You got enough cash to replace the gun with a similar or better one. You don't know the complete story about the gun but you really don't need to. You got free use of a nice gun for two years and you made a couple of hundred bucks. Or you can replace the gun using the cash and probably have a little left over.

The Store Owner screwed up. I don't think that he could have made you give the gun back but if it was stolen or if they reported it stolen you could lose the gun and your money. I would guess that if this original owner could not get it back they would report it stolen.

Use the money wisely and never look back,
Glenn

The rest of the story. I wanted to give a final update. I will try to relate this as best as I can because I'm still upset about how the final resolution went down. I walk in and a couple of his buddies are there. I'm not easily intimidated and had left the gun in the truck ,I'm CCW and have 911 on speed dial. I'm pleasant and cordial and told the shop owner that I wanted to keep the gun because I liked it and had looked for one for two years. He said,just give me the gun back so now I'm going to start to get unpleasant. I asked that he offer the kid who left it there another one and let me keep this one as I had legally bought it, I reminded him that I had a receipt and had filled out a 4473. He said he offered the kid anything in the shop and the kid refused saying that the gun had belonged to his grandfather. That part of the story sounds very fishy. What kid would not take an AR-15 or AK-47 in a second. So i ask if he would extend the same offer to me? he said that he would.Now in thinking that it may have been a stolen gun and I told him that maybe I should drive to the courthouse to get some paperwork on the gun. By now he is pleading with me (not demanding or acting like a bully anymore,go figure) so said how much cash is on hand. How much do you want to pay me for it? I only want to make this right. I'm not going to be a jerk and am thinking that I want to keep my karma in tact. The end of the story is that I took $700(I'm sure he would have given me $1000) for my Ruger Mark 2 Competition Target and extended the shop owner the offer to find me another one if he would like to have a chance to earn my business again. I thought that was fair.I left with a sick feeling and wish that I HAD gone to the courthouse. Just to run the numbers.I tried to be a nice guy about it but in the end I feel like I got shafted.He keeps his license, I lose out on a cool firearm that had been on my list for a couple of years . I won't be going back there to do business any time soon. I would like to thank the ODT community for the valuable advice that was provided to me along the way. Just wish I had a couple of you guys there with me.

Sounds to me like he just wants to make a quick buck at your expense. Prob someone looking for one and offered a nice sum of money to get it. Karma would be something if you knew the story when you bought it ,but you did everything right and legal.Good luck in your decisions and God bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom