• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Armorer courses, 1911/AK

David's Gun Room

Default rank <1000 posts Lifetime Supporter
Gunsmithing, Sales, and Safes!
Firearms/Accessories Dealer
5   0
Reaction score
Anyone know of any somewhat local offerings for these two platforms. Just got one of my counter guys to AR armorer with Shep (Freakin awesome course) and he just got Glock done. I am wanting to do personally do a 1911 and AK course so good time to get on these for me and my team. The course at Gunsite appeals to me, just so dang far, and a week long. Though I am wanting a 2011 and getting to build one in the course would be cool. any input or recommendations?

I work on my own personal 1911's and our shop gunsmiths have been building them for decades, but training does not involve just one class, its a lifelong commitment, just like martial arts, just like shooting, working on firearms is something that needs continuing education regularly.

Anyone know of any somewhat local offerings for these two platforms. Just got one of my counter guys to AR armorer with Shep (Freakin awesome course) and he just got Glock done. I am wanting to do personally do a 1911 and AK course so good time to get on these for me and my team. The course at Gunsite appeals to me, just so dang far, and a week long. Though I am wanting a 2011 and getting to build one in the course would be cool. any input or recommendations?
I can send you a link

there is one of the old-school builders who does 2 week long courses. You get a frame, all the parts, and hang out in the shop with him. It's a dream of mine to take it but obviously it's a time/money commitment I can't afford at the moment.

There’s not much armoring to do to an AK, but Suarez International was the only one I knew of and I don’t know if they’re doing them anymore. I’d invest in an H Frame hydraulic press and headspace gauges. Everything you need to know is on YouTube or some of the builder’s forums.

there is one of the old-school builders who does 2 week long courses. You get a frame, all the parts, and hang out in the shop with him. It's a dream of mine to take it but obviously it's a time/money commitment I can't afford at the moment.

As of 2022, Bob Marvel used to run a course up at his place in Nebraska, but that was primarily a 'build' rather than general 1911 gunsmithing course.

Back
Top Bottom