• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Future AR Armorer / Builder Courses

cmshoot

Marines Icon
Staff member
197   0
Reaction score
Just a heads up for future courses. I will be going to a 2-day format. There is just too much information and demonstrations to try and share in a single day.

In the past, this was a single day, 9 hour course, counting an hour for lunch. At the last one I taught, I went over by 50mins. I covered everything on the curriculum, plus some, but there was still more that I wanted to cover.

Starting this February, it will be a 2-day course, with each day being 8 hours (8-4 or 9-5). The extra 7 hours will allow me to teach at a less hectic pace, and ensure that nothing is left uncovered. I plan on offering it quarterly, unless the level of interests tells me to offer it more or less often.

One of the many advantages such a course will have is that I can demonstrate nearly everything that I talk about. For instance, I describe the process of replacing a gas key on a bolt carrier; tools, techniques, and step-by-step description. However, I have only actually done it in front of my students at a single class. Having this extra time will allow me to demonstrate processes like that in every single class. Timing a muzzle device with shims and Rocksett is another example. I always cover it, but the only times I have actually done it in front of the students is when one of them needs such work done. Replacing an ejector is a third.

A longer course would cost more money, of course. In addition to taking more time from my regular job, and rental of the space, I will need to have sacrificial parts on hand to demonstrate how to repair or replace them. Talking about the gas key again, removing one destroys the gas key and both the bolts. Then I reassemble with new bolts and a new key…….which I will destroy in the next class when I remove them again.

I will still provide GA POST training credits for anyone that attends, but now for a total of 16 hours.

Previously, the course was $250. The new 2-day format will be $450.

I’ll have an ad with dates and curriculum posted up soon.

Hope y’all had a Merry Christmas, and wishing y’all a Happy New Years!

Back
Top Bottom