Armadillo eggs

Actually made them a few days ago. I used venison sausage, jalapeños, cream cheese and mozzarella. They are not bad, but to me they sound and look better than they actually are!

looks like it's ARMADILLO EGGS for dinner Saturday...............................woooooohooooooo

oh yeah..................and COOL BEER!!!!!!!!!

I'm trying them tonight except in the oven instead of the smoker. If I like them I'll make a bunch for a cookout tomorrow and use the smoker. It takes more sausage than I thought to wrap around a pepper. These will be pretty substantial.

I'm trying them tonight except in the oven instead of the smoker. If I like them I'll make a bunch for a cookout tomorrow and use the smoker. It takes more sausage than I thought to wrap around a pepper. These will be pretty substantial.

I made these last night and they were OK. The pepper with the cream cheese was delicious of course. The sausage flavor was kind of lost. It needed something. I'm sure the smoker would have added some flavor. I'm going to try this again but I'll use my homemade Chorizo instead of breakfast sausage. I think that will give it some pop.

Back
Top Bottom