• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Are Korean M1 Carbine mags any good?

Hayata

Wolf Icon
Knock it off with them negative waves Moriarity!
177   0
Reaction score
Anyone have experience with m1 carbine mags made in Korea?

How do they run?

15rd better than the 30rd or vice versa?

Reactions: A34
I've always heard the 30 rounders don't work well. I've got some el cheapo's and can attest to that. I have not tried any Korean ones. Hopefully, someone with experience will chime in!

Anyone have experience with m1 carbine mags made in Korea?

How do they run?

15rd better than the 30rd or vice versa?

I've read that some are I believe the brand is KB or KBI or something like that....
15 round mags feed better and have less fail to feed isssues....

I have run the Korean ones, both the 30 and the 15.

Both run well in my Inland, the National Postage Meter did not like the 30 round ones, the first 20 or so rounds run well, then stopage once in a while with it failing to go all the way into battery.

There is a guy in Griffin that works on M1 Carbines, he thought it is either a weaker mag spring or the feed angle. I filed a tiny bit off the back of the mag top, issue solved. Hit it with some cold blue and looks like new.

Those were circa 2005 mags, bought some more last summer, they ran fine in both. The last summer buy was New, old stock Korean military mags in the wrapper.

Ok, pics- Mag on right is an AYR, original mag, middle is no name, left is the Korean, has UU on the backstrap.

Notice how proud the cartridge is on left and right? Notice the smaller half moon on the middle one. I filed the UU one with a round chain saw file to match the GI one. Lot easier for the bolt to pick it up and slam it home.

M1 mags.png

Back
Top Bottom