• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ar15 ambi safety removal

Sometimes a real small head screw driver will work also if the larger torx bit wont go in easily. One of those real little jobs. Not a eye glass set but small screw driver. File or grind to fit if need be. Tap it in until it seats and go at it. I used that method before. Just make sure you have a replacement screw but If you are swapping them out the new one should come with replacements. That's why I like the Radian Talon safties. They use a spring and snap detent. You just have to put your hand over it so it doesn't fly across the room when you slide the lever off. Best safeties on the market.

Attachments

• IMG_20230709_210800152.jpg
    IMG_20230709_210800152.jpg
    242.7 KB · Views: 0
That little yellow bit could be (fingers crossed) yellow Loctite or (let’s hope it’s not) Rocksett.
View attachment 5936275

Rocksett is clear when wet, and dries to white. That yellow is a rubbery sort of Vibratite/Loctite.

Rocksett is a type of glass carried in a water-soluble adhesive.

Rocksett is clear when wet, and dries to white. That yellow is a rubbery sort of Vibratite/Loctite.

Rocksett is a type of glass carried in a water-soluble adhesive.
That’s good news then. Rocksett is a son of a bitch. It’s a real love/hate with that stuff. Haven’t used it in a while but for some reason my brain is telling me it was yellow the last time I (successfully) backed out a screw that had that stuff on the threads.

That’s good news then. Rocksett is a son of a bitch. It’s a real love/hate with that stuff. Haven’t used it in a while but for some reason my brain is telling me it was yellow the last time I (successfully) backed out a screw that had that stuff on the threads.

I use it dang near every day. There are some tricks and tips to using it, which I shared last week or so, but I got all that info straight from the website of the company that makes Rocksett; Flexbar.

Back
Top Bottom