AR triggers (10)

timbgtm

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Bigr hamr
Staff member
Super Moderator
137   0
Reaction score
cmshoot cmshoot cmshoot cmshoot or any other which AR triggers would you recommend, i have a geisele g2s thats a 2 stage. What other brand's do y'all like. I will mainly be bench shooting from my 308 with optics. So i wonder would a single stage be my best direction. What say you.

It has been a long time Tim!

Anyways, triggers are quite subjective. I personally like 2-stage. Specifically the Geissele SD-E, the flat bow to me allow for a more consistent finger placement and thus a very predictable snap when I need to break the shot. I do more competition shooting these days though, so it is about the lightest I would go as to not ND in an awkward shooting position. For non-match stuff, that Geissele HSNM (or whatever they call it these days) can be adjusted to a really nice bench rest setting. I really enjoyed using it for those bench rest days where I am going to the CMP to just have some fun.

I do get to shoot along side the AMU guys alot though and see them running all types of FCG. One of the guys that wins alot of matches runs the AR Gold and of course can print some pretty spectacular groups when we are getting to a match and validating zero.

If you do not like 2-stage feel fully, I would say possibly give the AR Gold a try. It does feel really nice.

I have tried Triggertech, CMC, RRA, KAC, and a few others as info, but always came back to the SD-E for my intended use.

It has been a long time Tim!

Anyways, triggers are quite subjective. I personally like 2-stage. Specifically the Geissele SD-E, the flat bow to me allow for a more consistent finger placement and thus a very predictable snap when I need to break the shot. I do more competition shooting these days though, so it is about the lightest I would go as to not ND in an awkward shooting position. For non-match stuff, that Geissele HSNM (or whatever they call it these days) can be adjusted to a really nice bench rest setting. I really enjoyed using it for those bench rest days where I am going to the CMP to just have some fun.

I do get to shoot along side the AMU guys alot though and see them running all types of FCG. One of the guys that wins alot of matches runs the AR Gold and of course can print some pretty spectacular groups when we are getting to a match and validating zero.

If you do not like 2-stage feel fully, I would say possibly give the AR Gold a try. It does feel really nice.

I have tried Triggertech, CMC, RRA, KAC, and a few others as info, but always came back to the SD-E for my intended ìkkk.

Hey brother, it has been a long minute since I saw you around. I plan on Geissele unless you or one of the AR gurus can recommend a budget friendly option to put out there. I still have to get the lower built. Which if you're interested I'd love your help, my hands don't really work on the small stuff. Maybe you or Josh can hook up ,on it? Lol. I do have a g2s? I was planning on using but I now have decided on a improvement for the 10. Let's talk.

Hey Tim, yeah, maybe hollar at Josh, I am unfortunately time crunched for other builds. The G2S is ok, but definitely feels less refined from their other lineups. Aside from pre-owned, not really sure of other budget friendly options out there. I can only recommend waiting for a Black Friday/Blem sale or trying to stack sale/coupons at Brownells or somewhere. I have had a few lucky option on the "pre-owned" side as well.

For the money on just home defense or just range plinking or shooting the ALG ACT with a JP reduced power spring set for 89 dollars is my go to set on all my builds. The next step up from that is the CMC 3.5 lb. drop in trigger. Usually you can find them for 110 plus shipping. Of course they are not Geissele pieces but for the money they can't be beat. The CMC trigger is in a .223 Wylde gun I built and is a real pleasure to shoot. I can't emphasize that enough. I am really surprised at the feel of the CMC trigger. Now I might have got a diamond in the rough on that particular one but I can't imagine a better trigger for anywhere near that money. Of course we are talking over a 1/3 of the cost of a Geissele unit. The CMC unit I got has zero travel, a clean, crisp, lite break and a short reset. I couldn't ask for a better choice for that kind of money. I don't ever plan on spending more for a trigger than that. The AR-10 I had shot a 1/4 MOA with the ALG ACT trigger with JP spring set. Now if I was shooting out to a 1000 yards then I would probably invest in a better trigger but for my needs I have covered all I need but you have to assess your needs and go from there. I wouldn't steer you wrong based on my shooting needs. Well I say that but this time I am on the solid. 😎

My favorite precision AR FCG is the Geissele SSP (Single Stage Precision) with the flat trigger.

On a budget, the ALG ACT is a very nice single-stage.

The LaRue is a good 2-stage, and available in curved and flat.

Centurion Arms AST is another good 2-stage.

In my hands, those last two don’t feel as nice as the G2S you already have.

not sure what your budget is, but the Geissele SSP flat goes on sale now and again for $184 or so, rather than the normal retail of $240.

I’m backwards from a lot of folks; I like a 2-stage in my general purpose guns, and a single-stage in my precision stuff.

2-stage or single-stage doesn’t matter. Run the one that you like.

Back
Top Bottom