• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

10/22 triggers - all the same ?

StuP

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
103   0
Reaction score
I've ended up the, somewhat surprised, owner of a 2015 10/22 target, (note bidding while drinking is not the wisest strategy).

Does anyone know if that era's Target model, (laminate stock, bull barrel), trigger is the same as all the others, or was it any better ?

Thinking a cheap upgrade might be the drop in BX assembly, but would it really improve on the existing one ? I'm not dropping serious $ on a well used old 22, but would like a reasonable trigger.

Yes the bx is better than the stock trigger. There are many trigger upgrades for the 10/22. Kidd offers a parts upgrade.trigger and all new triggers. Volquartson has them too. Personally I like the kidd stuff

The basic upgrade package I use is the Volquartsen tune-up kit which includes the firing pin and extractor (VC10FE). As well as their bolt release & hammer pack kit (VC10HB). This is my go to combo on all of my 10/22 rifles. I also replace the rear bolt pin with a Viton rubber sleeved SS pin. Quiets the action down but it's only noticeable with a can.

I also prefer the 90's model trigger group which is aluminum instead of plastic if you can find one.

I got a extra box trigger if interested $50
I wish I got somewhere near you !

Thanks for the input everyone.

Really trying to find out if I can expect a 2015 Target model to really have a better trigger than stock. The manual hints at it, but I've no idea how good it is yet.

The BX is significantly cheaper than any of the name brand trigger upgrade kits I've seen. As this is really a plinker, it seems it may be a good compromise if the stock one isn't better than standard.

I’ve never noticed enough difference in the BX to justify the cost. I think the cheapest, most effective upgrade that cost little and requires very little skill is to just buy a Volquartsen hammer and swap with the factory one. I’ve done it on all my 10/22’s and they all have a 2.5-3lb crisp pull.
(I mean, it’s not quite as easy as dropping in a BX but it’s pretty dang easy)
I have gotten them for as low as $25 if you search around.

I’ve never noticed enough difference in the BX to justify the cost. I think the cheapest, most effective upgrade that cost little and requires very little skill is to just buy a Volquartsen hammer and swap with the factory one. I’ve done it on all my 10/22’s and they all have a 2.5-3lb crisp pull.
(I mean, it’s not quite as easy as dropping in a BX but it’s pretty dang easy)
I have gotten them for as low as $25 if you search around.
Thanks for the feedback, that sounds like a good way to go.

$43.20 seems to be the going price right now.

Back
Top Bottom