• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

AR 15 Magazine Types

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone knows Lancer mags can't hold a candle to the ultra-reliable stainless steel GI mag with it's super-tilt follower and fail-ever gray teflon finish.

Don't you mean 3:54? JK

I made the video because believe it or not, there are tons of people who aren't familiar with the different types of AR15 magazines. Just wanted to help.

Thats a good thing for sure, but I would make sure you have your information straight before informing others. GI mags are almost exclusively made from aluminum, not stainless steel. There are a plethora of tests and comparison videos and articles pitting them against other magazine types; Magpul recently released a very nice (albeit biased) series of videos coinciding with the release of their gen. 3 magazines, showing how each magazine types fares against being frozen, heated, run over, dipped in chemicals, etc.

Take this as honest criticism: all I got from your video is that some mags are made of plastic, some are not, and they are all very expensive right now. I appreciate your ambition, but I think your information is a bit misplaced, and your motivation is in expanding (or, expounding?) on the recent scare-market we are dealing with, not explaining it away.

And to be fair, I skipped through a bit, so maybe i missed some info. 2 minutes should cover it :)

Thats a good thing for sure, but I would make sure you have your information straight before informing others. GI mags are almost exclusively made from aluminum, not stainless steel. There are a plethora of tests and comparison videos and articles pitting them against other magazine types; Magpul recently released a very nice (albeit biased) series of videos coinciding with the release of their gen. 3 magazines, showing how each magazine types fares against being frozen, heated, run over, dipped in chemicals, etc.

Take this as honest criticism: all I got from your video is that some mags are made of plastic, some are not, and they are all very expensive right now. I appreciate your ambition, but I think your information is a bit misplaced, and your motivation is in expanding (or, expounding?) on the recent scare-market we are dealing with, not explaining it away.

And to be fair, I skipped through a bit, so maybe i missed some info. 2 minutes should cover it :)

:Cry: Okay, I will redo the video...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom