• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

AR-15 Build Issue - Feedback Needed from ODT Brain Trust

partsman

Default rank <2500 posts Lifetime Supporter
Cowboy Action Shooter
117   0
Reaction score
I have completed my first AR-15 and have encountered an issue that I need some feedback from the ODT brain trust. I used a build kit for my ODT lower and swapped out the standard kit trigger with an AR-15 Timmey small pin trigger. The Timmey trigger utilizes two set screws to put pressure on the trigger pin to keep it in place. If I fully tighten the set screws the selector switch will no longer rotate freely from FIRE to SAFE. If I loosen the trigger set screws the selector switch appears to work correctly, switching easily and clicking into place. Unfortunately, when the set screws are not fully tightened it does not apply enough pressure on the trigger pin. At one point, when the gun was cold the trigger pin actually dropped out onto the floor. I want to utilize the drop in trigger rather than the less expensive kit trigger but need to resolve this issue.

Sounds to me like I would install the set screws and tighten them. THEN file slightly on the selector switch to where it will rotate. BUT not having things infront of me its hard to say exactly what to do.

Quick question, is your hammer spring installed correctly? Cause it sounds like its in backwards which causes the pins to walk/fall out.

The issue is that some aftermarket triggers require anti-walk pins, like the KNS set.

Quick question, is your hammer spring installed correctly? Cause it sounds like its in backwards which causes the pins to walk/fall out.

The issue is that some aftermarket triggers require anti-walk pins, like the KNS set.
Yes, it is installed correctly. The issue is not the pin falling out. That only happened because I backed off the set screws of the trigger to see if the selector switch would operate correctly. It did work correctly but without the set screws being fully tightened the pin is too loose. My issue is with the selector switch function.

Yes, it is installed correctly. The issue is not the pin falling out. That only happened because I backed off the set screws of the trigger to see if the selector switch would operate correctly. It did work correctly but without the set screws being fully tightened the pin is too loose. My issue is with the selector switch function.

Not sure your schedule tomorrow, but if you are free come by the shop.

Back
Top Bottom