• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Anything going on on the C&R world lately?

10thmountain

Default rank 5000+ posts
American Warhorse.
121   0
Reaction score
Seems slow.

I know the 1911's may come in.

I saw the M39's from Classic.

Seems like something else should be coming up.

50 years ago was 1965....where's all the 60's guns?

i figure the importers are waiting to build up their supply of good shape mil-surps (there are most likely quite few pos ones out there that they avoid), or looking through the old warehouses just aren't the priority overseas right now.

a country overseas will go through a warehouse their trying to empty and fund some nice "outdated" pieces eventually

the middle east is another buyer of older mil-surp pieces and they have less restrictions then the united states of amercia

Last edited:
Great question!

Have you joined the CMP? Great Garands over there at prices MUCH LOWER than listed on ODT. And they have Greek HXP in bandoleers for less than their loose stuff!

I offered my Suomi on a trade that didn't work out but think I may have a new-found affection for 'er. Does that count? 36rd sticks and 71rd drums of 9mm. What's not to love? And my kids love to shoot it too!

Oh, and I finally bought a Mosin. Been practicing all my polishing skills on the internals. And cleaning the bore. Mosin bores are about dirty. Can't wait to shoot it.

Suomis are cool. Saw a parts kit on her for $50.... Yep Mosins get nasty and crusty. I just get them to shine and call it quits, never be totally clean.

Last edited:
Seems to be slow for c&r lately. Just got back from another trip to Canada....sure is hard to see SVT40s still in cosmoline w/accessories for 350 bucks and not be able to bring some back
:Cry:

I heard the 1911s coming in were going to be going to auction and going to be going for thousands. But thats just hear say

Seems to be slow for c&r lately. Just got back from another trip to Canada....sure is hard to see SVT40s still in cosmoline w/accessories for 350 bucks and not be able to bring some back
:Cry:

I can't stand to read reports like this!

Nothing new here. Thinning out my small herd for a SBR. Will probably regret it later. Lol

Back
Top Bottom