• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone using less than expensive night sights?

I have only owned a few guns that had night sights. I currently only own one. IMO they are a waste of money that could be applied towards a gun light or a crimson trace laser sight. Reason being is at some point they always go dim. You can replace the batteries in the gun light and laser sight.

What am I not understanding about the value of good night sights ?

Good tritium sights should last 10 years from the date of manufacture. At the end of 10 years, if you still own that gun, you replace the sights. Now, compare the money you spent in batteries for a WML and/or laser over a 10 year period to the cost of a set of tritium sights.

No reason to not have BOTH. I use both tritium sights and a WML. One is not a substitute for the other, rather they work together as part of a system.

I’ll admit, if I could only have one, I’d take the WML. Since it’s America and I can run whatever I can afford, I use both.

Trijicon sight quit glowing on my brand new duty gun. I called Trijicon. They said that if I mailed it back to them, they’d replace it. I asked what I was supposed to carry on duty in the meantime. We went ‘round and ‘round. Best they could offer was a discount priced front sight. I told them to go screw themselves, and ordered a complete set of new sights from another company. Never again.

Less expensive is a no-no on here, dont be a poor,buy the most expensive item there is and use it twice in your lifetime.

No one walking the streets of America is getting in gunfights regularly. Nothing wrong with having quality gear to give you an edge just in case it ever does happen to you.

When I bought a fire extinguisher for my kitchen, I did not buy the cheapest one. I haven’t had to use it, and I don’t regret the money spent.

No one walking the streets of America is getting in gunfights regularly. Nothing wrong with having quality gear to give you an edge just in case it ever does happen to you.

When I bought a fire extinguisher for my kitchen, I did not buy the cheapest one. I haven’t had to use it, and I don’t regret the money spent.

Some things can be cheaped out on. A piece of lifesaving gear is not one of them.

I put a set of cheapo TruGlo tritium sights on a G 19 project (that I 3D printed) and they've worked great so far. They were only I'm thinking about fiddy bucks, arrived from Amazon in 2days. Likes say that project was just an experiment with printed frames but everything worked great, including those low end sights.

I like the Ameriglo Agents. They’re a Brownells exclusive cost $109 without any coupon codes. They have a U shaped rear notch instead of a square notch which I now prefer after using. Serrated black rear with tritium inserts and hi vis ring around front tritium insert.

B6790690-9D08-4FCC-8A42-5A63421D6A7B.jpeg
BA28F881-D523-48F8-AF62-8EA7837636B7.jpeg

I like the Ameriglo Agents

I have these as well and like them better than the Trijicon. The Glock OEM Ameriglo sights are good as well. Like cmshoot cmshoot I carry an off gun light every where. Every non-range toy has a WML as well as well as a good set of sights. IMHO the tritium dot on the front sight does nothing more than help you pick it up at night. I don't even care about the rear sight dots. The Ameriglo Hackathorns are great for this. I have a set of those on one of my G48s.

If you really need to use your sights. Your off gun light can be held such that you can see the sights clear as day and illuminate your target. Take a low light class and you quickly figure it out when shown the proper techniques. I highly recommend cmshoot cmshoot 's low light classes. I have taken others as well. They are truly "eye-opening." No pun intended.

Back
Top Bottom