• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone using less than expensive night sights?

Ringorock

Default rank <750 posts Supporter
EyTeeEff
62   0
Reaction score
I just picked up a 19. I'm actually going to keep this 19. Sights are okay, but I'd rather have a high vis front, yellow post with two smaller tritium dots in the back to be close to my Sig Xray system. Now, I know I can get the Spendicons XR, but they're gah dang expensive. Anyone of you using a less spendy sight system and really happy with it?

Ameriglow tritium sights have been good to me. All the sets that I have used have not lost their glow until after the 12 year mark.

On my 19 with a holosun I’m running meprolight’s and I’m very happy with them. Obviously these are suppressor height. On my 19 without optics I have a set of tru-glo TFO’s that are probably somewhere in the neighborhood of 8-9 years old and still glowing strong. For the money both sets are good options and seem to take a beating, including racking the slide off the rear sight. In my experience the Glock factory night sights are garbage.

Agreed that Trijicon customer service sucks. Had a front sight break off in the middle of a drill and they replaced it as a one time coverage after saying it is improperly installed. I have switched to Ameriglo and have some Night Fission sights that I am getting ready to try out as well.

I have only owned a few guns that had night sights. I currently only own one. IMO they are a waste of money that could be applied towards a gun light or a crimson trace laser sight. Reason being is at some point they always go dim. You can replace the batteries in the gun light and laser sight.

What am I not understanding about the value of good night sights ?

Back
Top Bottom