• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone reload 6.8spc

Oh cool. I am at 28.5 gr. of 8208xbr so that's right in line with what I am use too. Very good. Thank you so much!
No problem, check out 68forums.com. There's a wealth of information on there about the cartridge. I have an LWRC Six8 that I have yet to load for as I bought a case of XM68GD and still have a bunch of rounds left. If you intend to hunt with it, I'd recommend trying to find a comparable bullet and velocity as that stuff. I've never had an animal walk more than a foot after being hit with it. And one of those kills was my brother shooting a hog in the ass, I don't know if it was hydrostatic shock or what, but it was dead by the time we walked up on it.

No problem, check out 68forums.com. There's a wealth of information on there about the cartridge. I have an LWRC Six8 that I have yet to load for as I bought a case of XM68GD and still have a bunch of rounds left. If you intend to hunt with it, I'd recommend trying to find a comparable bullet and velocity as that stuff. I've never had an animal walk more than a foot after being hit with it. And one of those kills was my brother shooting a hog in the ass, I don't know if it was hydrostatic shock or what, but it was dead by the time we walked up on it.
I am a member of the 6.8 forum but you get so much different info it's hard to decipher what's what and a lot of shooter are happy with 2.5 MOA.

I having to go to a H3 buffer in my 14.5 inch gun. It hits way to hard and slings brass back at the 5 o'clock position hard. My 16 and 18 inch barrel guns run sweet with the H2 buffer and throw brass right at 3 o'clock.

Pretty sure that's loaded with Speer/Federal 90gr Gold Dot bullets. Hard to find but they do pop up occasionally.

I've got some 110 Accubonds and 115gr CC Nosler bullets to test some loads once I get the upper built (too many other projects) and some 90gr TNT.

The other bullets you read a lot about if you are hunting are the Barnes TTSX tipped bullets. Also check out Maker bullets if you want a solid (they are local but you can order online) or subs.

I'm just starting to load for the 6.8 again, picked up 500 of the starline brass a few months ago when they did another run of them and was looking around for some 2200 powder as that seemed to be the go to these days. I have some 10x, RamShot X-terminator and TAC from past loadings. I've also got a 110/115gr custom mold that a guy on the 6.8 forum had made (probably 10 years ago) that I haven't tried yet. Here is some other info I found if you like any of these bullets:

Pretty sure that's loaded with Speer/Federal 90gr Gold Dot bullets. Hard to find but they do pop up occasionally.

I've got some 110 Accubonds and 115gr CC Nosler bullets to test some loads once I get the upper built (too many other projects) and some 90gr TNT.

The other bullets you read a lot about if you are hunting are the Barnes TTSX tipped bullets. Also check out Maker bullets if you want a solid (they are local but you can order online) or subs.

I'm just starting to load for the 6.8 again, picked up 500 of the starline brass a few months ago when they did another run of them and was looking around for some 2200 powder as that seemed to be the go to these days. I have some 10x, RamShot X-terminator and TAC from past loadings. I've also got a 110/115gr custom mold that a guy on the 6.8 forum had made (probably 10 years ago) that I haven't tried yet. Here is some other info I found if you like any of these bullets:

I have a couple hundred TTSX loads worked up. Haven't tested any yet though. I have some Accubonds loaded as well.

Back
Top Bottom