• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone reload 6.8spc

greg vess

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Elite Idiot
120   1
Reaction score
So far I have found 8208xbr to be a almost I unparalleled powder for projectiles over 100 grains. I haven't been really lucky in finding a good replacement for that powder due to lack of availability. Has anyone tried another good alternative or other powder that is close. Also what powders do you use for 80-90,95 gr. pills? I have a myriad of powders to choose from but I just trying to keep from going through powders to find a good choice.

I use AA2200 for the most part. That has worked well on the 110 grain Noslers I usually use. I came to that powder after reading a lot on 68forums where that one seemed to be a popular choice.

I got a bunch of 90 grain gold dot blems a while ago which I want to start loading, but haven't started yet. I'll be watching this thread hoping someone else chimes in for the 90 grain loads.

I shot some of that the other day but it was with lighter pills. It was also a DD CHF chrome lined barrel. However l, I shot some with my 14.5 inch rifle with a Wilson Combat barrel and at 50 it was holding darn good group for just iron sights. 8208xbr works great with 110gr. projectiles so maybe I will load some up with AA2200 with the 110 weight jobs. It will probably yield decent groups because I have heard a good bit about that powder.
Thanks though I will throw some together and try them. I am trying to develope some good loads for my DD barrel.

Attachments

• IMG_20230512_115628500.jpg
    IMG_20230512_115628500.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 1
It was well under MOA. It was for my brothers 6.8. We built the gun with economy parts and had it shooting very well. I'll go look in my gun room too see if I've still got any of the data written somewhere.

It was well under MOA. It was for my brothers 6.8. We built the gun with economy parts and had it shooting very well. I'll go look in my gun room too see if I've still got any of the data written somewhere.
Excellent. Do you remember what grain pills you guys where shooting to get that tight? Oh crap I totally looked over you saying you would look for the data. LOL.

Back
Top Bottom