• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Anyone here collect Military Vehicles?

SOCOM

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
20   0
Reaction score
Here's my 1st. I picked this up a couple of weeks ago. Named him the "Duke".

Vietnam Era 1969 American General M35A2, commonly known as a "Deuce and a Half".

This beast is powered by 465 Cubic Inch Turbo Charged Multifuel engine. It's only got 3500 original miles on it and in pretty damn good shape for a 1969 model. I think this thing could pull dang near anything, especially with it in 6 wheel drive low range.

People keep asking me why I bought it.....look at the damn thing, why not! LOL!

So far I just plan on driving it around for fun. Already got people asking about hay rides...lol!

i999.photobucket.com_albums_af119_Defensive_Armament_2010_0927Camera0001.jpg

i999.photobucket.com_albums_af119_Defensive_Armament_2010_0927Camera0003.jpg

i999.photobucket.com_albums_af119_Defensive_Armament_2010_0927Camera0004.jpg

i999.photobucket.com_albums_af119_Defensive_Armament_2010_0927Camera0007.jpg

Here's my other project.

A 1979 Jeep Renegade. I'm doing a Frankenstien Retro Build with it. I plan on taking USGI Jeep and Military Vehicle parts and Retro-Customize the Renegade. One of my goals is to purchase a 1919A4 and attach it to a stand up mount in the back of the Jeep.

So far I've got most of the OD paint done. Next I plan on taking the tube bumpers off and put factory bumpers back on it. I'm also going to replace the front KC lights with some Military Blackout lights. I've got too many things planned for this build to list right now. So far it's looking cool!

i999.photobucket.com_albums_af119_Defensive_Armament_2010_0929Camera0002.jpg

i999.photobucket.com_albums_af119_Defensive_Armament_2010_0929Camera0003.jpg

Keep an eye on governmentliquidations.com

They auction them off on there fairly often. You may be able to find one cheap on there. Most of them sell from Warner Robins. However, be prepared to pull it home on a BIG trailer. I would also recommend traveling to the auction site prior to bidding so you can inspect the various trucks so you can decide what to bid.

Now you need to bring that deuce n 1/2 to me and we will fab up a cow catcher so the zombies won't get caught up in the radiator when you plow threw'em

Hell yeah, A-Team style brother..lol! This would make one hell of a Zombie smasher. Unless you got a gang of them real fast ones, cause The Duke aint in no hurry to take off. But, once he gets going aint nothin' gonna stop him. Need to put a torrent mounted 50cal or a 1919A4 on top of it.........or better yet, a mini gun! Muahahahahaha!!!

Back
Top Bottom