• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone else getting the itch for archery season yet?

Comanche

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
124   0
Reaction score
Ive got my crossbows dialed in already with all the sticks and blades I’ll need for the season .

Prepped some new ladder spots already including removing some downed trees that blocked several main deer crossings.
Created some natural funnels with the deadfall.

Catching batchelor groups on camera already as well as several spotted fawn with mama sightings , also been seeing bigger herds coming around lately.

Yellow jackets have been insane the past couple weeks and I got lit up three times now in different spots.
I finally have an ATV with a trailer to help with my more daunting drags up the hill…..will be a big game changer.

Looking forward to getting in the woods with weapons again but definitely not missing the mosquitos, ticks and chiggers.
Hopefully we get some cooler weather come archery season.

I bow hunted a ton in highschool (crossbow). Like Glorfindel said though as I’ve gotten older I’ve grown to not care much to sit out in that heat with the skeeters unless I’m slinging lead at birds all day. (A thermacell can be a lifesaver and I personally don’t think the smell bothers deer or hog at all) the past season we had a few cool spells in September and the deer dropped like flies. In the south/central Ga area with the sporadic weather they can start showing signs of rut as early as the beginning of October. We did close to 1,600 deer last season and I don’t see things slowing down this season.

Already had my PSA tuned and ready to go. It is just to hot for me to get started but I am anxious to shoot. I love extra time in the woods but do not enjoy sweating in the stand.

I bow hunted much in years gone by but will admit that I don’t enjoy the bugs and sweating on the stand anymore. Probably will just keep camera and food plot in good shape for start of muzzle loader

Back
Top Bottom