• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone else getting the itch for archery season yet?

Spent a few hours at the club mowing trails on Saturday. Have a guy coming Saturday with a tractor and bush hog to hit some of the open rows that are over grown with dog fennel and other weeds. Going to convert them to food plots and give us better access to some of the hardwood bottoms.

I usually don’t get fired up until after they shed the velvet,our deer start breaking up from their
summer patterns and we start with the cams everywhere. We don’t bow hunt the property so we have plenty time before October.

The DAMM Yellow Tech jackets sux's and have been a big problem. We have killed 3 dens and have found 1 more they will die tonight or in the morning.

Yes they do.

I'm all fired up about it in my mind. Just turned 62 and although I hate the heat I also hate missing out. What to do? Go for it and reap the benifits of being a hunter! Thanks for the post. Helped me make my decision. Backstrap this season :hungry:

Don’t feel bad ….my hunting buddy turned 64 this year and he’s still hunting archery and rifle from a climbing stand.
He don’t go in as far as I do so many times I’ll be dragging a deer past him come 9am on my way down a mountainside while he’s puffing on a cigarette shaking his head at me….lol.

I'm ready to go right now. I did finally get my alligator tag so I need to fill that in 3 weeks so it doesn't interfere with getting in a tree.

Man I wish I could say I was pumped about it this year, but I think I only went bow hunting once or twice last year. I only went deer hunting maybe 7 or 8 times all last year. Did a lot more duck hunting last year

Back
Top Bottom