• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone check/track their average progressive speed?

Wow! 1000 an hour, that's cookin. Even 600 an hour is really impressive. Is the 650 the only progressive you've used?
I had a 10 min encounter with a Lee pro 1000. Hunk of junk.

I started with a Lee turret and went straight to a 650 when I started shooting uspsa.

I had a 10 min encounter with a Lee pro 1000. Hunk of junk.

I started with a Lee turret and went straight to a 650 when I started shooting uspsa.

I started with the LnL AP. I have a lot of the bushings and I love being able to leave my dies set up and adjusted all the time. It serves my purposes for quickly turning out quality ammo. I'd like to try a Dillon as well, but the startup costs are a real hindrance. My MEC is a fine piece of equipment that turns out fantastic precision ammo, but is obviously quite slow.

I like your approach! I'm careful to avoid any sort of distractions while I'm loading. I won't even listen to music. I find that after about an hour, my mind can begin to drift. So for me, keeping the sessions short is actually a safety measure.
Yup, it also keeps the arthritis from flaring up, which I get when I do long sessions at the reloading bench. All that repetitive motion does a number on my wrist and elbows if I do a marathon session.

Yup, it also keeps the arthritis from flaring up, which I get when I do long sessions at the reloading bench. All that repetitive motion does a number on my wrist and elbows if I do a marathon session.

I can relate. For me its tendonitis, but the impact is similar.

I started with the LnL AP. I have a lot of the bushings and I love being able to leave my dies set up and adjusted all the time. It serves my purposes for quickly turning out quality ammo. I'd like to try a Dillon as well, but the startup costs are a real hindrance. My MEC is a fine piece of equipment that turns out fantastic precision ammo, but is obviously quite slow.

BUY ONCE, CRY ONCE, then it's said and done, we simply are a real "DILLON TRUE BLUE BUYER AND FAN"

Dillon is a company that really has quality products, and customer service is their #1 concern...

I can do 1000 per hour on my 650 if the primer tubes are already filled. Nothing fancy with the brass. Just sorted and dry tumbled.

I usually don’t try to hustle that hard though. Maybe 600 an hour is normal rate.
Jeez, i can do around 100 every 5-6 min with a mr bullet feeder. You gotta be cranking that handle like a raped ape! If i go any faster i get powder tossed everywhere.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Jeez, i can do around 100 every 5-6 min with a mr bullet feeder. You gotta be cranking that handle like a raped ape! If i go any faster i get powder tossed everywhere.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I just timed it. 4:16 to do 100. That’s right over 1400 an hour. I couldn’t keep that pace for an hour though. No spilled powder. You almost learn to delay when the shell is snapping into its next detent. I’m at 4gr sport pistol.

I just timed it. 4:16 to do 100. That’s right over 1400 an hour. I couldn’t keep that pace for an hour though. No spilled powder. You almost learn to delay when the shell is snapping into its next detent. I’m at 4gr sport pistol.
That's cookin!!

I loaded 20 rounds of 308 last night (LC brass, 168 A-max over 42.5 grains of VIHT N150 in just over an hour. Single stage LNL press. Started with clean brass. Yep, I’m slow.

I'm running a 650 with the case feeder and bullet feeder. Never timed an hour run, but can load 1500- 9mm , including filling 15 SPP tubes in less than 2 hours. I've done 12k in one rainy day recently. I'm usually knocking out large batches before doing caliber changes.

Back
Top Bottom