• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anybody tried one of the Hatfield/Walmart shotguns?

Okay I was looking through the Brummick newspaper last Sunday when I saw two shotguns in the Walmart ad. Yes, I still buy a paper on Sunday. Anyway they have these Turkish made shotguns exclusive to them now. One is a single barrel in 12/20 or 410 for $99.00. it's not bad looking and has a vented rib barrel which is nice. But it's hard to get excited about a single barrel for a hundred bucks. Now the other one they have is a semi in 12 gauge and it's on sale this week for $229.00. That's a pretty smoking deal for an auto loading 12 gauge. So has anyone bought and or shot oe of them? I like the looks of it with the wood furniture and vent rib barrel. I would just like to know what gun they copied or if you can get a mag tube extension. And of course the Brunswick store didn't have either in the gun case when the ad broke.

I have a Turkish Coach Shot gun, it's a Good shotgun. Don't even know where I got it from!! But, kept it because you can give it to anyone if the SHTF, it's a point and shoot weapon.

Had one of those cheap semi's break across the receiver. If I'd pulled the trigger one more time, I doubt if be here today.
Granted that is unusual, but I won't buy a cheap one.

I know for a fact a lot of them have been brought for bad reasons, that's why they are on clearance. out.

I figured they were filling a niche that was empty since H&R discontinued making their single shot shotguns. I have no idea about the semi auto. If they're made by the same company as CZ I would hope that they are decent. The guy at WalMart told me they were going to be a regular thing. They are not on clearance at Walmart. This is the regular price.

You may be right, I don't know. I figured for $99 it's worth a shot. LOL!

I figured they were filling a niche that was emptyNnce H&R discontinued making their single shot shotguns. I have no idea about the semi auto. If they're made by the same company as CZ I would hope that they are decent. The guy at WalMart told me they were going to be a regular thing. They are not on clearance at Walmart. This is the regular price.

You may be right, I don't know. I figured for $99 it's worth a shot. LOL!
Yeah H&R no longer makes anything. They just put their name on a Chinese pump gun. I had the NEF version about 2 years ago and I liked it. I especially liked the part about it accepting 870 accessories. Right before we moved I got a deal on a Stevens 320 for $100.00. It was definitely worth what I paid but not nearly as solid feeling as the Pardner pump had before.
As I said before I like that the Hatfield shoguns both have wood furniture. Even the single barrel is decent looking with the vent rib barrel. I've never owned a n auto loading shotgun. After I finish my AR and my Mosin project I might have to try one.

Reactions: MRH
Yeah H&R no longer makes anything. They just put their name on a Chinese pump gun. I had the NEF version about 2 years ago and I liked it. I especially liked the part about it accepting 870 accessories. Right before we moved I got a deal on a Stevens 320 for $100.00. It was definitely worth what I paid but not nearly as solid feeling as the Pardner pump had before.
As I said before I like that the Hatfield shoguns both have wood furniture. Even the single barrel is decent looking with the vent rib barrel. I've never owned a n auto loading shotgun. After I finish my AR and my Mosin project I might have to try one.

Man I love my H&R Pardner. That thing is a tank. IMO those are the best pump shotguns for under $200.

I have always loved single shot shotguns so I had to snag one of these. I will be getting the .410 also.

If I did not have an A5 I might have to try the semi auto too.

I already had an H&R youth 20ga single shot
when I saw the $99 Hatfield Walmart ad.
So I bought a 410 out of curiosity. Like the
trigger guard release for break open. Hammer
and trigger feel pretty mickey mouse even after
adjustment. Cut 8 9/16" off barrel which leaves
the vented rib intact at end and even able to
reinstall the gold bead front sight. When folded
in half barrel about 3/4" shorter than butt plate
and width only 7" from top of stock to top of
vented rib at front sight. Folded length 20".
After the 'upgrades' I guess it's a fair to
middlin' $75 backpack shotgun.

The break-open single shot shotguns are a "good deal" for $99, sure, but WHY would you want a single-shot break-open shotgun, especially a cheap one with a stiff action and a heavy trigger pull (lawyers and risk-assessment insurance folks have approved it).

The only use I ever had for such guns, and I owned several by H&R and New England Firearms, was to keep them available as trade fodder or to arm my neighbors in case of some civil disorder where nearly everybody suddenly wants to be a gun owner, even people who never owned a gun before and always supported "common sense gun control." I sold off all my single-shot firearms years ago. They don't appeal to me, and I figure my neighbors can deal with me to acquire one of my better guns that at least I'll have enjoyed owning all those intervening years.

Seems like I remember reading about problems with the forearms splitting on the early Hatfield semi-autos. People would send them back, they’d be returned still split, or the replacements would split in the same place after a few rounds.
Might want to research to see if newer models have solved the problem.

I've read that changes have been made to the newer models, but I have not been able to find a ton of information on them
Seems like I remember reading about problems with the forearms splitting on the early Hatfield semi-autos. People would send them back, they’d be returned still split, or the replacements would split in the same place after a few rounds.
Might want to research to see if newer models have solved the problem.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom