Anybody here a mechanic for a Chevrolet Dealership

At idle it kinda has a erratic idle RPM, but nothing too bad. Soon as you go into drive and start driving the X-mas lights start binging and lighting up!

Old and new throttle body weren't caked up bad or anything noticeable.

Not sure about the IAC sensor yet but I will look

If you didn't reflash the system after the new throttle body, that can be one problem, but I think you may have more than one problem.

If you didn't reflash the system after the new throttle body, that can be one problem, but I think you may have more than one problem.

Ive called a couple of independent shops and most dont have the software to do it for my year chevy. So I call the Belamy in Mcdonough and they basically said bring it in and we will diagnose it for 100$ and then see what we can do!? So they wouldnt tell me much.

Why I am trying to look here and see if thats my only option before I take the plunge to the stealership

If it was clean when you replaced it, it could be a bad TBS sensor. Try putting the old one back in

If your scan tool can't clear he codes, the ones at Napa or Autozone should?

Last edited:
Ive called a couple of independent shops and most dont have the software to do it for my year chevy. So I call the Belamy in Mcdonough and they basically said bring it in and we will diagnose it for 100$ and then see what we can do!? So they wouldnt tell me much.

Why I am trying to look here and see if thats my only option before I take the plunge to the stealership

That's because we, shops, other than a GM dealer , don't have the ability to reflash. Dealers charge , $175 to reflash plus any diag time ($100) I have a Mobil person with the equipment do mine! Again , it sounds like you may have more than one problem. I also have never replaced a Throttle body that wasn't a Delco part.

Checked all yours ground connections? Loose wiring harness connections or moisture present? Chaffed wires through the firewall. Multiple driveability problems of both engine controls and traction controls sounds like a possible PCM issue. Ive been there. Tail chasing on a newer "electric everything" vehicle sucks.

Checked all yours ground connections? Loose wiring harness connections or moisture present? Chaffed wires through the firewall. Multiple driveability problems of both engine controls and traction controls sounds like a possible PCM issue. Ive been there. Tail chasing on a newer "electric everything" vehicle sucks.

I was telling my buddy this the other day! What ever happened to the days when you could just tap on the Carburetor! lol. I hope it's not a PCM issue especially, being out of warranty.

Back
Top Bottom