Anybody here a mechanic for a Chevrolet Dealership

dvlerin41

Default rank <750 posts Supporter
Frontiersman
54   0
Reaction score
Have a recurring problem my 08 Silverado z71, looking to find a mechanic who has possibly dealt with this problem before or is familiar with it.

Problem lies in my truck throwing a "service stablitrak, service traction control, reduced power lights", running very rough, and also CEL for cylinder 4 misfire.

I can explain more if any one is familiar with this problem. The Chevy forums have tons of threads related to this problem but no solid answers on a fix.

thanks

Swap that bowtie for a blue oval and everything will be good to go!
Have you cleared the codes and it keeps throwing the same ones??? Good luck fixing!

Hmm....had the compression checked? Cat converter ok?

No haven't gotten that far into it yet.

Little more info for you.

Truck was having this problem off and on. It was very erratic, I had the truck maybe 6 months and pulling out of the driveway it starts happening out of no where. Then disappears for a few weeks (no problems) then boom starts doing it again. So I start looking into it and find a Service Bulletin on ALLDATA stating the exact same symptoms of my problem, relating to a Throttle body position sensor. (Chevy even extended the warranty to cover this problem)

My truck is out of warranty, so I go buy a throttle body and throttle body sensor (you cant just buy a TPS). Install the new TB and now the problem is permanent. ALLDATA has a few ways to relearn the TPS including driving it around, ive done this twice and no improvement.

No haven't gotten that far into it yet.

Little more info for you.

Truck was having this problem off and on. It was very erratic, I had the truck maybe 6 months and pulling out of the driveway it starts happening out of no where. Then disappears for a few weeks (no problems) then boom starts doing it again. So I start looking into it and find a Service Bulletin on ALLDATA stating the exact same symptoms of my problem, relating to a Throttle body position sensor. (Chevy even extended the warranty to cover this problem)

My truck is out of warranty, so I go buy a throttle body and throttle body sensor (you cant just buy a TPS). Install the new TB and now the problem is permanent. ALLDATA has a few ways to relearn the TPS including driving it around, ive done this twice and no improvement.

It's possible that you got bad new parts.

Does it have a IAC sensor(idle air control)? Does the truck always sounds like it wants to stall? Does the throttle body look nasty and caked up with carbon buildup? Had the same issue(rough idle) and cleaned it all real good with cArb cleaner.

Rough idle can be:
Fuel filter
O2 sensor
Air filter
IAC sensor
Vscuum leak
EGR sensor
Bad Cat Converter
exhaust leak
bad compression/plugs/warn coil
MAF sensor
throttle body butterfly stuck

And 1000 other things

^^^ that too! Like on this explorer I have been trying to keep on the road. I try to use Motorcraft parts when replacing. Some of those after market parts are junk!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom