Anybody here a mechanic for a Chevrolet Dealership

That's because we, shops, other than a GM dealer , don't have the ability to reflash. Dealers charge , $175 to reflash plus any diag time ($100) I have a Mobil person with the equipment do mine! Again , it sounds like you may have more than one problem. I also have never replaced a Throttle body that wasn't a Delco part.

Most likely gonna bite the bullet and go to the dealership, maybe if they determine it was a bad TBS i can get my money back on that one. Can't try my old one (it was a core)....

I was telling my buddy this the other day! What ever happened to the days when you could just tap on the Carburetor! lol. I hope it's not a PCM issue especially, being out of warranty.

Yep. My newest ride is almost 25 years old lol. Lost that new car smell a long time ago. My second is almost 42. That one I could diagnose before it came to a stop on the side of the road lol. Only so much to go wrong.

Have a recurring problem my 08 Silverado z71, looking to find a mechanic who has possibly dealt with this problem before or is familiar with it.

Problem lies in my truck throwing a "service stablitrak, service traction control, reduced power lights", running very rough, and also CEL for cylinder 4 misfire.

I can explain more if any one is familiar with this problem. The Chevy forums have tons of threads related to this problem but no solid answers on a fix.

thanks

I had a 2007 Avalanche z71. 225k miles now (my brother now drives it daily). I had similar problems but not the same. I had reduced power and misfire on cylinder #7. The plug had worn the diode end off. For whatever reason this engine has ALWAYS been rough on cylinder #7, I think it's due to the cylinder deactivation system. My stabilitrak light was due to low brake pads. I believe it was messing with whatever sensor is on the caliper. Once I changed the plugs and the brake pads the lights went away. They did NOT occur at the same time.

Get the tps or throttle body replaced or checked.. Also is it burning oil.. Have them check compression as it could be a sign of a blown fuel management sensor under manifold with a blown high pressure oil seal.. Very uncommon but can happen.. On cylinder deactivation shutdown is on cylinders 1 4 6 7 .. Good luck

Theres a guy here in newnan who has the tools and know how to do anything you need to the LS based engines. If you want to bring it over pm me and I will get you his info.

Back
Top Bottom