• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anybody ever been to Front Sight Academy in NV?

paisa777

Default rank <50 posts
Hunter
0   0
Reaction score
So my pops-in-law asked if I was interested in going to Front Sight Academy in NV for the 4 day course (he lives in CA). My wife says since he asked me, that means he's probably intending on paying for me. I just wanted to know if anybody on here has ever made it out there for a training?

I looked at their site and it seems to be quite a bit of money to go, we're talking $2000 for the 4 day course. The reviews I've read vary but most seem to be on the positive side, at least saying they did learn something while there. I've never been to a training course so this would be my first experience with any type of real training.

I've been. It was fun. Do not spend $2000.00 for the class. Sign up for the email crap and you can get $50.00 first time student passes for the 4 day handgun course. There are ususaly members selling memberships for less than the price of the class or selling individual class vouchers. It will give you a good foundation if you've never had any formal training before. If you go in the summer prepare for the heat. It was HOT! It was mostly shooting paper targets, but there was a steel competition and a shoot house. You do a lot of shooting from the holster. I think I remember it being around 1 instructor per 3 or so students most of the time. It's nothing crazy high speed you won't be able to handle and they love shooting weaver stance. PM me if you have any specific questions. Hope this helps. I have some pictures somewhere from when we went. I'll add them if I can find them.

Here is what I could find...

P9210019.jpgP9220024.jpgP9220026.jpgP9220027.jpgP9220028.jpgP9220030.jpgP9220031.jpgP9220032.jpgP9220033.jpgP9220034.jpg

Ignatius Piazza seems like possibly the world's biggest douche. At least, that's the impression I get from his emails. I simply cannot believe a word he says / types.

If he's not a douche, it needs to work on rebranding himself.

Ignatius Piazza seems like possibly the world's biggest douche. At least, that's the impression I get from his emails. I simply cannot believe a word he says / types.

If he's not a douche, it needs to work on rebranding himself.

Seems he really only has involvement with the business side of things. They throw his name out there but I couldn't find an instructor who had actually seen him in person. But yeah, he needs a new image.

Back
Top Bottom