Anybody else noticed that our songs birds are disappearing?

Bird Decline is real as is [ more so ] Insect , & Reptile & Amphibians in my area .

Spring & Summer are nothing like it was during the 1970's & Early 80's when I was a kid .
Cept , for more Deer , Hawks , & New Here Armadillos.

Bird population is drastic even from neighborhood to hood , & city to city , There is MUCH more Bird activity in say Downtown Cartersville than in my Hood off Bellsferry Rd in Cobb Co . & Roswell has many more Green Frogs than here as I see them there all the time & I have not seen a Green Frog at the house in 10 years , Common Tree Frogs are around but hide well here & the Toads I use to catch in the road by the hand full in the mid 80's here ....I've seen 2 in the last 5 years & one (I have not seen this year , was one that hung around the house .

I blame chemicals of course . In the End all the chemicals end up in us and our children.

It's A No Win . IMHO

No more bull frogs. I had tens of thousands of butterfly’s, no more for the last two years. Fire fly’s are few. Starting to see honeybees and house flys again. No sweet bees or biting flys. No hummingbirds. I think the spring weather is hurting the insect populations, warms up and then it freezes.

Got lots of fireflies this year.

Saw a Coopers Hawk tonight...it has been known to eat the local birds and seems well fed.

We normally have about 8 Rose Breasted Gros Beaks come through for a week or so but only saw one this year. Only 5 hummingbirds this year.

50# bag of bird seed at TSC went from $19.99 to $27.99 same with the 40# black oil sunflower seeds.

Back
Top Bottom