• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anybody concerned about the mail in N. Georgia?

Picked a real ****ty time to renew my son's passport. Looks like that's lost and so is his original birth certificate. Big government in action.
This is what stopped us from trying to plan a cruise with the family this summer. We were told of the delays causing passports to get here on time. We were trying to get our kid's done as well but I didn't want to depend on the USPS to get them to us on time.

That package I sent to Cali a couple of weeks ago that the USPS says was delivered...it may have been delivered to someone but it certainly wasn't who I sent it to and I just got off the phone with the records lady from the American Legion because my 2024 membership card never got here either. She said it was sent and I told her that meant absolutely nothing.
A Black Hole must have opened up in a mail depot somewhere and is swallowing any mail that gets too close.
That's got to be the logical answer because it couldn't be gross incompetence and corruption right?

I’ve heard of folks adding an AirTag to shipped items. Makes it easy to prove where package/item is. Depending on value, $20 small investment
A dinosaur like me never would have thought of that...that's some 21st century thinking right there.
Now I'm going to walk out to the box and play mail roulette...

Picked a real ****ty time to renew my son's passport. Looks like that's lost and so is his original birth certificate. Big government in action.

My son has a trip planned in June so he payed for the expedited processing. Received passport and passport card back in 3 weeks.

On the other hand, his twin brother updated the address on his DL and we still haven't seen that - approximately 5 weeks...

This is what stopped us from trying to plan a cruise with the family this summer. We were told of the delays causing passports to get here on time. We were trying to get our kid's done as well but I didn't want to depend on the USPS to get them to us on time.
Luckily we don't have any immediate plans to escape the country but we do need my son's birth certificate for his sports. He's going to be benched until we can get it back or I can harass the Rotary for the copy we gave them when he played baseball. All these extra steps for their inability to do the only job they have.

Back
Top Bottom