Any Toyota mechanics here???

Video makes perfect sense. I had it on my buddy's rack and looked at everything from the filler neck down. If I remember correctly there is a plate under the rear driver passenger seat that will come up and I might be able to access the vent hose. We looked for it but did not see it on the back side.

I will look at it more today when I wake up. I think a quick crawl under there will tell me if the diagrams I can find are accurate.

All my vent lines return to the charcoal canister and then back to the filler neck. Nothing for a dirt sober to get into. Gonna price a charcoal canister I guess.

Sorry it was not a simple fix. It never hurts to try. Glad other people chimed in. Try partsgeek.com as I have had good success with them. eBay is a good place sometimes. Good luck and hope you find and fix cheaply.

Hold the fill nozzle sideways when trying to pump in gas. May work for ya, it did on my Suburban until I replaced the can.

Skip the biggest problem really is it's not throwing any codes at all. There are several sensors down there and I hate to start pulling stuff off and end up replacing more stuff. I can't complain 12 years old and 256,000 miles. If it will hold on 6 more months I am good.

Run it low, as low as you can get it home on, but bring 5 gallons home with you. Slowly and I mean slowly, try filling the tank with air. I had a similar problem with a few trucks in the past year and this cleared up. The reason you don't want much gas, is it will blow gas back on you.

Back
Top Bottom