Any Toyota mechanics here???

Nope. Before you replace anything, there is a small black tube (vent tube) that hangs down from the gas tank. If this tube gets stopped up, you have this problem. It happened to me on a 1998 Toyota Corrola and a dirt dauber had covered the end of the tube with mud. Basically, just follow the filler neck down to the tank and look for a tube hanging down. I almost took mine to the dealership when I found the information online. Good Luck!

Same thing I thought. It may be in a different place. It will look like a piece of rubber fuel line that should be attached to something. About diameter of a sharpie. This problem plagued us for a couple of weeks. My wife could not put more than a couple dollars of gas in at a time. Even tried parking at a pump with cap side uphill. On your vehicle it may be the line running along the filler hose. I did not search a specific year. Hope it helps.
www.toyotapartsoverstock.com_images_parts_toyota_fullsize_770231C.jpg

My wife's 4 runner is being a PIA when filling up with gas. It keeps spewing gas back at the fueling nozzle.

the filler tube is a 60 dollar part if you by at dealer and 300 dollars to install it in 15 min.get one do it yourself #2phillips and a 10mm box-end wrench and 12mm box-end will get it done and comes with a new tank seal.

I am off Monday and will look at it again.

Filler neck tube is open and free of obstruction. The filler neck hose and vent has been completely disassembled to the tank. We then used a camera to look inside The tank and couldn't find anything.

Also looking at the explodes view if the vent hose is on the front then that is why I didn't see it. Guess I will see if the diagram reflects my year model

No different gas stations. It's sporadic when it happens. But when it does it, it does a couple times in a row then it quits for awhile. And then starts back up whenever

Back
Top Bottom