• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Any Private Investors here??

HELVIS88

Default rank <1500 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
39   0
Reaction score
Figured I'd take a shot here. Maybe someone has a rich relative or friend.
Hope this isn't against ODT policy. I mean, we're all soliciting for funds, in a way right? If it is, sorry moderators. Please delete and punish me now.
Actually, I'm just looking for a good reference or connection (or advice) here while sitting on my hands waiting for another hurdle to be placed by the financial institution I'm currently working with. Never thought during my research (which I recently found was dated 2-5 years ago when banks actually gave loans to start up businesses) that with my background and excellent credit plus a strong concept and business plan and laying the last 20 years of my life in detail, out on paper and proving my worth positively, PLUS collateral(!) plus my own cash investment, I'd still be struggling 3 months later trying to secure a loan- the traditional way. AND NOT a million dollar loan, but waay under. I have everyone else ready to work. A great location, great retail designer and contractor and a great landlord (whom BTW is making his own personal investment just to secure that my business goes in his complex) and I would MUCH rather give a generous ROI to a private investor (at this time, no angel or venture caps) than give to a bank anyway. I'm not looking for a partner or multiple lenders (well, 2 max) and would be happy to meet and present my concept to anyone interested (and qualified please) in listening.
If interested, (and this hasn't been removed) please PM me for specific details.
Thanks for listening. If anything this is just therapeutic.
Who knows? The right person could have been here all the while.
FYI, the business will be the new home of the ODT Southside Meet and Greet when completed. :thumb: Yep, it's a sports bar.
Also, just want to say best of luck and great job to all the entrepreneurs on here and that I feel your past and or present frustration. Never give up.

I'm not worthy but any good lucks and 'atta boys are greatly appreciated. My family is healthy but any prayers would be appreciated too, at least for them. They have been my rock. God Bless All and God Bless America. Still.

Figured I'd take a shot here. Maybe someone has a rich relative or friend.
Hope this isn't against ODT policy. I mean, we're all soliciting for funds, in a way right? If it is, sorry moderators. Please delete and punish me now.
Actually, I'm just looking for a good reference or connection (or advice) here while sitting on my hands waiting for another hurdle to be placed by the financial institution I'm currently working with. Never thought during my research (which I recently found was dated 2-5 years ago when banks actually gave loans to start up businesses) that with my background and excellent credit plus a strong concept and business plan and laying the last 20 years of my life in detail, out on paper and proving my worth positively, PLUS collateral(!) plus my own cash investment, I'd still be struggling 3 months later trying to secure a loan- the traditional way. AND NOT a million dollar loan, but waay under. I have everyone else ready to work. A great location, great retail designer and contractor and a great landlord (whom BTW is making his own personal investment just to secure that my business goes in his complex) and I would MUCH rather give a generous ROI to a private investor (at this time, no angel or venture caps) than give to a bank anyway. I'm not looking for a partner or multiple lenders (well, 2 max) and would be happy to meet and present my concept to anyone interested (and qualified please) in listening.
If interested, (and this hasn't been removed) please PM me for specific details.
Thanks for listening. If anything this is just therapeutic.
Who knows? The right person could have been here all the while.
FYI, the business will be the new home of the ODT Southside Meet and Greet when completed. :thumb: Yep, it's a sports bar.
Also, just want to say best of luck and great job to all the entrepreneurs on here and that I feel your past and or present frustration. Never give up.

I'm not worthy but any good lucks and 'atta boys are greatly appreciated. My family is healthy but any prayers would be appreciated too, at least for them. They have been my rock. God Bless All and God Bless America. Still.

Stay strong!!!

I have had the opportunity to start up & sell a few small to medium sized businesses... the largest of which I sold when we were at $7 million or so in sales (it is now over $20 mil).

Also I bought a few mismanaged or undercapitalized companies & turned them around to sell later in the restaurant, daycare, packaging, & real estate fields.

My advisors (older successful businessmen) were kind enough to teach me things I didn't know (which was a lot) including learning a banks lending criteria before applying for a loan and how to protect your own capital from bad risk.

Some of the very highest risk businesses to invest in... or rather some of the most likely ones to fail are:

Restaurants
Bars
Gyms

I would encourage you (if you haven't already) to find a mentor or even a banker who will explain to you the lending criteria needed to fund your project.
Also a primary reason I was able to open (or turn around), operate, & later sell for a profit companies in different industries is that I was fortunate enough to find people who were already successful in those specific fields & learn what not to do as well as what to do from people whose knowledge was actual... not theoretical.

In otherwords I refused to go through the learning curve... it's too expensive. Learn from people smarter than you where possible.

I have had the opportunity to start up & sell a few small to medium sized businesses... the largest of which I sold when we were at $7 million or so in sales (it is now over $20 mil).

Also I bought a few mismanaged or undercapitalized companies & turned them around to sell later in the restaurant, daycare, packaging, & real estate fields.

My advisors (older successful businessmen) were kind enough to teach me things I didn't know (which was a lot) including learning a banks lending criteria before applying for a loan and how to protect your own capital from bad risk.

Some of the very highest risk businesses to invest in... or rather some of the most likely ones to fail are:

Restaurants
Bars
Gyms

I would encourage you (if you haven't already) to find a mentor or even a banker who will explain to you the lending criteria needed to fund your project.
Also a primary reason I was able to open (or turn around), operate, & later sell for a profit companies in different industries is that I was fortunate enough to find people who were already successful in those specific fields & learn what not to do as well as what to do from people whose knowledge was actual... not theoretical.

In otherwords I refused to go through the learning curve... it's too expensive. Learn from people smarter than you where possible.

Amen, the restaurant/bar business, is the toughest one out there!!! Have you been in the business? WITH YOUR MONEY?

If you have good hot wings I'll invest in those. Newnan seems to be lacking in good hot wings. Just my opinion.

Good luck though. Where is your future location?

Restaurants
Bars
Gyms

I've been working closely with a funding corporation. The president is a restaurateur and believes in my concept. I'm also attending consultant courses with SBDC at UWG. Next weeks meet I'm going to discuss Angel investors. Not my first choice but without finding a private investor, looks like my only for start up. Thanks for advice and best of luck!

Back
Top Bottom